On my 5th week of flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stevedude19, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Stevedude, when I see what appears to be a fine plant under such rudimentary conditions, it never ceases to amaze me as to how tough these plants are. Good luck with your grow, but shit, just a trip down to Barnes & Noble will give you access to plenty of good books on how to grow. And of course, you're currently hooked up to the best source of info out there here in the GC. Just remember, the more knowledge you put into your dome, the better it will be.

2. At 6.5 weeks of flowering now here are some pic updates still need to pick up nutes... also im about to plant another seed which will be my second plant.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Lol....how many weeks you think you got left? Me? I'd guess 10 more lol

4. ya i was thinking something like that its fun to watch it grow!

5. its going to be ages longer if u dont get some more light in there im 4 days into week 4 and half my main cola has more buds than that entire plant lol but good work :)

6. Haha agreed can you post a pic of what a good setup and lights look like? I thought my 2 cfls would be enough

7. Well, I hope you have your med card. If not this is a waist of time, and a liability to you for not much return. If you do have it then fuck yeah man, keep on learning!

8. i dont have it i just found a seed one day and decided to plant it and learn as i go

9. hey man, what size cfl's you using?

10. I'm using 2 40 watt

11. What's the kelvin rating?

12. Not sure what that is

13. And your using CFL's? Ahh jeez man ya killing me. Some people just really try and wing it the whole way huh?

Ok i'll break it down real quick. Lower kelvin rating (2300k) is what you want for flower, while higher kelvin like (6500k) is what you want for veg. Now, cfl's aren't as powerful as HPS or MH, so if you want any chance of your buds bulking up and making it to harvest then you should go buy whichever type of bulbs you don't have.

I have found using a combo of both will help your plant get the full spectrum. So if you are using two 40w 6500k cfls then you want to pick up 2 more 23w 2300k CFLs. Hope this makes sense, go with the 23w in the future as it puts off less heat and you can get it closer to the plants.

14. I give props for the cardboard box as a pot, keepin it truely ghetto. haha. Its not a bad lookin plant, seed probly came from some killer bud..

15. ok i'll get 2 23w 2300k cfls and what kind of nutes?

16. LOL! 5 weeks into flower and NOW you're asking what kind of nutes? Got to love it.

All I have used personally are two nutes, Fox Farm trio, which produces a REALLY nice product if flushed properly the last two weeks. Makes it look like you actually know how to grow even if it's your first time. Then this summer I went all organic with composts and teas, much easier, just feed them water and molasses.

For this situation, you don't want to spend $150 on nutrients if you're only going to use them once. So if you buy the FF trio, be sure to grow another plant. haha.

17. im just gunna let it grow and see how it turns out :hello:

18. update: the hairs on it are turning orange yay its been 7 weeks and 3 days of flowering

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. so i pulled a little bud off the plant and vaporized it then smoked it in my corn cob pipe
    [​IMG]

I am now high :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its been flowering for 9 weeks now is it ready to harvest? the bottom doesnt look ready yet i know that much.