On average, what would the cost of start-up be?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by butbeautiful, Dec 13, 2011.

1. I've been thinking of growing for a while but I've struggled to find any resources that describe the average cost of starting to grow.

Also, does anyone grow in an apartment? I live in a walk-up with only two units and we have a basement but I don't think I'll be living here in six months so if I do start I would be worried about moving everything...

2. depends how big or small the operations is... one plant you can get away with growing pretty cheap

3. Yeah, I'm thinking pretty small, a few plants at the max.

4. This. I can make a complete set up in a pc case and be growing for under $50. But, I can also spend THOUSANDS on a huge tent. So it's really what you WANT to spend.

5. You could have a nice closet grow for like $200-$500+

6. i used an old dresser and some supplies from work and had a decent grow cab in my closet for around $50 and it worked well.

7. Impossible to say what the "average" cost is, and the "average" may not apply to you.

Not only does the size of the grow op matter, but one of the biggest costs, or not, is the space itself. Have a perfect closet or cabinet already? That knocks a big chunk of dollars out of the equation. Don't have a space and need to buy/build it? That changes everything.