Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

On a serious note!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Papa Puff, Mar 20, 2017.

1. I have treated 3 friends including my best friend that died from cancer.. I give them edibles oils etc.. I really want to get the large scale cultivation facilities that grow in my area to donate to the needy and cancer patients! My goal is to get the idiot Pharma pushers aka doctors to see the benefits!! Besides i like to give back! Anyone on here with knowledge about this please indulge me!! <br /><br />Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

2. Wrong forum.

3. What area are you in? Setting up donations like that is hard because there has to be some sort of compensation and we currently can't use it as a tax write off so there's zero incentive for us to do so. (I'm an associate at a 50,000 sq ft facility.)

#patientsovercups

• Like Like x 2
  4. Obviously we care about people to and want to help people. But we still have costs to maintain. And what leftovers are you thinking of? We have vertically integrated licenses so we don't have any waste. We even distil our trim.

#patientsovercups

• Like Like x 1
  5. Unfortunately when doctors work for hospitals and believe I know this first hand they have put into place policy's that stickily state if they endorse the use of Medical Marijuana. Example. UMASS in Massachusetts. My PC knows I smoke he won't advise or condone it but he knows it helps with my anxiety and my stress but also states that the hospital has a strict policy against it. I also had conversations with nurses at UMASS about Medical Marijuana and in one instance one nurse had told me about a friend she had down south that moved there before it became legal in MA just for the benefits of Medical Marijuana. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Right, and even more to the point, drs don't currently receive kickbacks from the non existent "pot pharmaceutical sales reps" where's they do in abundance from actual pharmaceutical companies.

#patientsovercups

7. Palm Springs California area

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8. Right so you're in the same general area as me. It's just hard and especially now with legalization, everyone's tryna to secure licensing spots etc. If you can find a shop to do such, that makes a bit more sense. But from the producer side, there's nothing in it for us.

#patientsovercups

9. And there it is "There's nothing in it for us."

10. It's easy to talk when it's not your lively hood. But like every other industry it's running a business. We pay rent, pay employees, have health care, offer 401K, dental, retirement etc. We have overhead costs and dispensaries who rely on us for the medication for their patients. You can judge me all you want, but as well as helping people. It's my livelihood. It's how I make a living. Everyone still needs to get paid. We can't grow and not survive ourselves. And I think you'd be surprised at the amount of money we actually take home a month. (Less than you'd think). We are also responsible for supplying over 40 dispensaries and it's not like patients can even buy directly from us anyways.

#patientsovercups

11. If we had unlimited space we'd be doing just that. But as it is it will always be at a loss. The energy cost to grow 1 plant at our facility is a $1 a day. We have a 50,000 sq ft facility. In electricity alone we pay $100,000 a month. If you want to pay to set up a grow, buy all of your equipment, purchase your seeds and spend the time to grow and give it away be my guest. That's a very idealistic world.

#patientsovercups

12. I think what you want to do is very honorable. I think the way to go about it is to start up a non profit. You will have to have someone on staff that is good at organizing events to raise money and then you will have funds to buy it from dispensaries and maybe at a discount since its for a great cause. There is a guy in California that started up Grow For Vets which is a non profit. You might try contacting him or at least read how he goes about doing this. Grow for Vets USA | Free Medical Cannabis for Veterans as a safe alternative to the deadly opiates dispensed by the Veterans Adminstration .

13. Well I get the crunch part! Not much left on the bone! Guess we will have to wait for the Government to at least see the Cancer benefits! I will continue to help those I know with Cancer! Maybe we can all do what we can to help! I appreciate the input. I'm still going to pitch it to my city that was the first to pass cultivation law!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2