On a More Inclusive Society

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jörmungandr, Aug 2, 2020.

1. You are the one who created a post with the term "white supremacist." I simply asked if you are white, and whether you support certain things like affirmative action, and your response was a a cagey sermon with references to The New Colossus.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I am one long winded son of a bitch

4. Being white doesn't translate to a sense of superiority nor believing in constructs outlined by others. One humanity, one destiny, too many excuses. If you or yours showed up on my doorstep, I would attempt to work in harmony. the content or your hearts may change by my willingness to give. certainly wouldn't expect an embrace faced with crossed arms

5. I am not black but I understand that there is a desperate need for change. That so many others take to the streets in outrage doesn't darken their motives. Individual acts of an antisocial nature aren't confined to one side or the other. We should all conform to the same compassionate morality but it sullies oneself to objectify and denigrate those seen as less. Speaking in the ideal has no relation to the reality, I'm sorry I'm of no use in solving the problems I perceive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. #86 garrison68, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    White liberals such as yourself are the CAUSE of the problems, by constantly creating irrelevant, unproven, and often made up, stories about white supremacists and other things that you have absolutely no experience with, or knowledge of. Stop pushing White Guilt, that only makes things worse. If you had grown up in the inner cities, you'd probably know this, but I can only assume that you're not from such a background, as I happen to be.

White Liberals should stop the shaming, it's unmasculine, beneath human dignity, and is not the answer. I don't have all the answers, and you sure as hell do not have any better ideas than I do. The pathetic, condescending morality lessons that you impart are an embarrassment to you, and you don't even realize it.

7. I admit to a life of privilege and an inability to address conflict. When faced with a dominant personality, I readily capitulate if avoidance is unavailable. Not hardened in the fires of experience nor tested by the ravages of uncertainty. On the low end socioeconomically but striving to hold high ideals.

8. #88 garrison68, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    When somebody sticks a knife in your face, or a gang of thugs beats the living daylights out of you because you're white, you'll sing a different tune, I can guarantee you that. Until then, if I were you, I'd hold off on the proclamations of how terrible white people have been, and your anti-cop high ideals, and worry about myself, because if the wrong people get in the White House, perhaps some of the ones that you currently believe are better than Trump, you are likely going to be in for a very rude awakening, and it ain't going to be pretty.

Bottom Line: Be careful what you wish for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I don’t know what that means.

10. A brief escape from what troubles us all. A distraction from our arguments from ignorance. A vision of what lies ahead.
    Throughout the history of this nation there has been an exchange of power (peacefully) when the people vote; this is the first time I can recall when the incumbent is considering that there is another option.
    Be careful of what you allow.

11. #91 garrison68, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Yeah, put a Trump sticker on your car in an anti-Trump area, and you'll be lucky if they haven't blown it up by the time you come back. Forget about wearing a button or hat, these lowlife cowards will harass and possibly cause injury to you.

If you do not realize that your party has been taken over by lunatic fringe, anarchist fanatics, as James Carville and others have noticed, even though most are unwilling to admit it, then I'm sorry to say that you are living in a fantasy world.

12. I think you and I both watch too much TV.

13. #93 garrison68, Aug 9, 2020
    Actually I try to avoid TV and grim news, but if it's happening, sticking your head in the ground is not going to make it untrue. The Democratic Party has become overrun with lunatics. Carville is level headed, is retired and has no agenda, and he sees it. My chief complaint about the Republican Party is the religious right, but I'd take them any day over the alternative. They (Religious Republicans) are NICE people, the Democrats do not strike me that way at all in recent years and perhaps longer, most are afflicted with TDS, or worse.

Truth be told I love NICE people, and young middle class white boy idiots and spoiled, brainwashed bitches screaming and throwing Molotov cocktails at cops, are not what I consider to be nice people. I don't think that I'm in the minority, on these issues, in this country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I sense neither of us speaks for the "Majority" .

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. #96 garrison68, Aug 9, 2020
    I speak for myself, and nobody else.

There are people that I have noticed in social media who, for the past several years, have been calling out Trump supporters as "Racist", I guess that means they think that they're against Black people. Nothing could be further from the truth, in my case. I have no problem with Blacks, I have a problem with White liberals who fuck things up, for everybody, especially minorities whom the libs claim to want to help by lying through their teeth to get votes, and when they're elected they spend huge amounts of taxpayer money for asinine, corruption-prone programs and ideas, that did work before, will not work now, and will never work, at least not for the people that they are supposed help.

16. You are not helpless in solving the problems though.

It comes down to morality, as you say, but what grounds morality? When morality is diminished to subjective cultural whims, what we have (and worse) will result.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Weighed on the scales of my conscience, my refusal to physically engage in the political process by voting or seeking to represent myself is balanced against my limited reach within social media platforms on obscure and anonymous forums influencing those less insightful. Perhaps I'm the sand in the sandal that causes others to act through my passionate pleas and pompous prognostications. More likely, I'm a brief moment they spend putting thought to examination by voicing their own positions.

18. What?

19. At this stage, I'm lost in the echo of my own voice. Sorry to let the internal monologue spill onto the page.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1