OMG ITS 100 degrees halpp D;

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mediumtoker, Jul 8, 2010.

1. i am growing like 30 somthing plants i looked at the weather and it said 100 degrees i ran outside and i saw that the lower foliage was droopy and the planst looked like they got smalled on some a bit

so current time right now they are still outside but they are in the shade idk what to do should i put them inside??

2. water them, and if the droopage continues take them in for 2 hours then bring em back out, unless you own an hid light

3. i sprayed them all with water instead cause i dont wnana do to much till my friend gets back(left his cellphone off ffs)

4. watering it is good but i would not spray the leaves with water while the sun is bright. you can put it in the shade during the hottest part but try to let it stay in the sun until it gets that hot and after it cools down.

5. Spraying the plants with anything mid day is a bad idea.

6. soooo...your afraid to water them unless your buddy says its okay? but your willing to take them out of direct sun light and lose valuable veg/grow time?

lmao I spray my organic bug sprays mid day without a problem:confused_2:

give em a little bit of water and they will perk up. Ive got mine outdoors in 95-115*F weather for the past 2 weeks without issue and I just let em get droopey then water em and within hours they are standing tall again :)

7. #7 MayorMcCheese, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
    I'm currently growing in a large patch of woods behind my house, and the temperature for the past four or five days has been like one hundred degrees too. As I am growing about forty feet off of a trail people walk and use dirt bikes, I need the surrounding foliage to hide my six plants. I hope it rains soon to water the natural growth, or in a few weeks they possibly could be seen from the trail. I've been going every other day to water them due to the high temperatures and they've had a growth explosion. Keep them well hydrated and you will be just fine. My plants get direct sunlight from sunrise to sunset and in conjunction with the heat, it has done absolutely no harm to them at all.

I'm editing this to add one more thing. I just read you sprayed the plants, and I'm guessing you did this to cool them down. Be very careful doing that because if the sun hits the water drops on the leaves for a period of time (when the sun is strong), it will magnify the sun and put burns where the water drops are.

8. That. \/

9. You point to what I said like it's bullshit. If nobody said anything to him and burning occurred he would be asking in the sick plant section "Why does my leaves have yellow spots on them? What pest or disease is this?". Just stating what COULD happen, but may not. It happens more with indoor HID lighting in my past experiences but can also happen outdoors with the sun.

10. Dude I hose my garden down every day just to cool the plants down that waterin midday shit is just like "rub butter on your burns" its old head nonsense(no offense to any old heads my dads 75 and he does the same thing and he's been in the garden for 50 years )

11. it's hit 100 degrees where im at at least 2 or 3 times and my plant is perfectly fine, it stays outside 100% of the time and is up against a building so it gets sun from sun up until about 1 or 2 in the afternoon then it's in the shade until sundown and my plant is roughly 26 inches tall and roughly 24 inches wide doing perfectly fine right at 2 months old.