Old thread question re:PK boost (namely Canna/FF powdered) decided to do the experiment myself

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Qwatch2000, Aug 11, 2016.

1. In Canna's feeding schedule they direct you to only use 6ml/gal of their PK13/14 which is 0-10-11 for ONE week only.

I am 3+ weeks into flower KurpleFantasy by ImperialGenetics Indica75/Sativa25;600wHPS;3-5galDWC,EC1.8
    after a good 6 week veg and am very pleased with Canna so far but I've been feeling like the fruit could be using more PK.

I ran across an old thread that ended with more question than answers. My second choice local hydro store recommended I use only fox farm's powdered additives (I have Cha Ching and Beastie Bloomz left from an old grow; they run at 9-50-10 & 0-50-30 respectively). Some argue to introduce the Canna PK gradually rather than a one week spike.

This entire grow I have done various different types of training, trimming, and defoliation or lack thereof to see what works best. So,

From left to right:

image.jpg

(#2)On the most defoliated plant I added >1/2tsp of Cha Ching in 1 gallon of water when I topped it off this evening.

(#3)On the lollipopped, heavily trained, slightly less defoliated plant I introduced the Canna PK13/14 at 2ml/gal with its top off

(#5)On the bushiest, thickest, runt of the litter to begin with, I am following the exact Canna schedule. It will be spiked with PK13/14 for 1 week and then it will be time for a res change for all them and I guess time to start tapering down the base nutes?

Any thoughts on the powdered additives, Canna's PK13/14 or their line in general (I probably won't use their boost again and use blackstrap next time but not sure of its dilution rate)

With the Canna Boost and CannaZym the schedule says to run that through the flush as you phase everything else out and your EC tapers down. It is designed to use tap which I do for now but I will flush with RO. Will the powdered additives add time to the flush or give that chemical taste to the finished product? I'm all about swell and density but I've been very pleased with how "clean" Canna seems to run.

Thanks in advance for any input advice or suggestions.

image.jpeg

image.jpg