Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Old strain nothing, new strain , hmmm

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by q_werty, Feb 18, 2009.

1. I have had chronic pain for 9 years now, and I was smoking before I started to hurt. (fibromyalgia )
    And of course I tried it but it did nothing for the pain, so I dismissed it as a scam.

fast forward 9 years and out of desperation,(at the growing impossibility of obtaining, and getting an adequate dose of narcotics) and a rave about a new strain I heard about .

I broke and tried smoking again.
    And I got relief for the first time in 9 years.

Now I am pretty bad off and disabled with fibro, and I suspect severe chronic fatigue, both of which were instigated by medication. (but that's a whole other thread) Anyway I took 2 hits from the one hitter, and it also being creeper, hit me really hard 10-15 minutes later.
    I honestly could not drive this way, I already get too fatigued to drive normally.
    But one is ok. And It does help, though I have had some strange sensations, on it, but I have a rather unique issue with my fibro being medication induced so I chalk it up to that.

My question, is would it be worth my time to try different strains? And what are some general guidelines for acquiring different ones? I live in Ga so I am probably screwed even thinking of going with a doctor currently., But I was surprised, and felt a bit guilty for thinking it was a scam to boot.

It is potent to the point of making me sleepy if I hit it more than twice. I am not even sure if this is a long term viable option for me, but I have been suffering pretty badly the past 4 years, and all the doctors who could have helped me left me hanging, including the one who crippled me, and I an both excited to find something that helps, and upset that the supply is controlled, and limited