Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Old skool smokers

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WheelchairKUSH, Sep 19, 2010.

1. I'm sure everybody has had their fair share of toking up with some true old skool smokers. From Iowa the old skoolers I've toked up with would talk about the stuff they use to get and how cheap it was, but the only strain they had was some sort of gold. MJ nowadays is much better compared to back then. We all know that. I'm curious on what other old skoolers got their hands on when they were younger. it's always entertaining hearing stories about MJ or really anything from your elders. :smoke:

2. i think the strain is called columbian gold that you are refering to. and yes old skoolers are awesome to tolk with

3. My parents used to talk about sensi star alot. I think that was some dank back then. Not sure

4. Yeah there was bunch of "gold" gold strains. They look like poo poo, but that was dank back then, not to mention you could practically get a garbage bag full for like $45

5. That is exactly what I'm talking about! I hear things like "Well shit I use to pay 10$ for a 4 finger bag"

6. Columbian gold, thai stick, blond hash, maui waui, panama red, until the whole paraquat thing, mexican was considered good stuff. Homegrown was shit.

Of course, up in Montana in the '70s I never saw any of that good shit. What we smoked for $40-$80 a bag would be considered schwag now.

7. Yeah my dad used to talk about getting quarter pounds of acapulco, columbian and panama shit for $60

The real Thai sticks too wrapped up and sometimes dipped in opium.

8. I've heard bunches of stories about thai stick. I myself have never had it. What do you think of it?

9. I never had it. I always heard rumors of it being around but never knew anyone that had it.

10. Did they even have scales back then :eek:

11. The old schoolers in my circle talk about how it was way less potent back in the day. Some don't like the stronger strains. Some love it.

12. Yeah I know some that only smoke regs. They ask if I can find an 1/8th and I say 45$ thet almost shit.

13. [​IMG]

These or spring scales, not all that accurate.

14. Thai stick is/was one hitter quitter, had major access to it while in the military. Amazing amounts of drugs flown in almost daily from all around the world:D

[quote name='Glass Clown'][​IMG]

These or spring scales, not all that accurate.[/QUOTE

Those of us who were handling quanity (Purely for personal use:rolleyes:)
    had Ohaus Triple beam scales that weighed almost ANY amount accurately.

Panama Red
    Acapolco Gold
    Maui Wowie
    Kona Gold
    Alaskan ThunderFuck
    Thai Stick
    Elephant stick (Like a thai stick, but as big as a coke can)
    Mohauccaun (sp wrong)
    Columbian Gold
    Blonde Hash
    Golden Hash oil
    Asassin Red hash oil

All were common back then:D

15. Still to this day the best name for a strain EVER!

16. Lol, agree'd.

17. I toke a lot with old fucks, always a good laugh/time. also always get at least one lecture from each :laughing:
    9/10 it'll end with "you're a good kid"

18. Lmao. It's funny how elders try to break you down and then end with something like that as if its supposed to bring you back up lol

19. The average stuff now is better than the average stuff then but the best back in the day was just as good as today's best. There's just a lot more top shelf bud available these days.

The 'Gold' strains are powerful Sativa's, landraces from Southern Mexico as well as Central and South America. Earthy tasting, smallish dense buds, and the classic gold color coupled with a pure Sativa high.

I used to get a lot of the golds plus things like Thai Stick, Panama Red (similar to gold but a deep red color), Afghani, as well as various types of imported hash. Locally grown weed was normally not as good back then but some of it was killer. Generic 'sinsemilla' was often available and was normally home grown.

20. Haha in australia all the oldskool stoners just used to smoke what they grew back in the day. The best place to talk to these old Shamen/Walock relics is in a town called nimbin where its basically legal. and they all promote there own grow, but they never sell it, only give it to you under the proviso that you smoke it with them haha.