Old PC Games - What did you play back in the day?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by jerry111165, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Amiga: It came from the desert.
    Sega genesis: earthworm Jim

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I still play age of empires 2 on steam

Sent from my VS988 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  3. Some old PC games include Command and Conquer the 2 disc set where you could play both sides, Captain Claw (all time favorite), Wolfenstein 3D.

• Like Like x 1
  4. my earliest gaming memories involve wasting hundreds/thousands of demons in DOOM I&II while listening to NIN's downward spiral and broken ep, those albums seemed perfect for wading through hell. or the original gran turismo, played a lot of that with my father. my first console was a psx, and the first psx game i completed was spyro the dragon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i had Warcraft II
    and
    Diablo II

then I got Championship Manager [before it was Football Manager]
    back in the good old days when it was just the ticker lol
    mad addicted to that game

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pretty much just Diablo 2. When you find a video game you enjoy and can make real money from, it's hard not to play lol

Shit, the game is almost as old as me, and there are still items selling for $500+ in real cash.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AoE 2 was amazing when it first came out.
    I remember being blown away by what could be done in that game. It was "so much" for that time :smoke:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. It was the first game I binge-played

7 in the morning until 9 at night

Til bardaga!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Anyone remember the hockey game, Blades of Steel?
    Funny that when you harrassed an opponent too much it would switch to a fight between the two combatants with the loser going to the penalty box. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Many a fond memories playing Age of empires 2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Age of empires 2

• Like Like x 1
  12. Even though in "Real life" I'm not a violent person, I always liked violent games as long as the game play was good. Was never a big console guy (game controller for a FPS game, no thanks). That said...

PC:

System shock
    Half-Life (inc. CS beta and Team fortress)
    Deus ex
    King-pin
    Doom
    RCW
    Mechwarrior
    Combat flight simulator
    Unreal tournament
    Postal
    Serious Sam

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Btw, one more game in the list but I couldn't upload because "improper content" it was called Mort*r (replace Astrix with "y"

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

14. 70EB0392-6099-43CC-B993-3371A49DC6D9.jpeg
    NES ‘88!

I wasn’t into it myself but man my roommate at the time carried the damn game around with him lol...

FC43105F-AF27-4BA7-A171-4F863EAA0A97.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. Half Life FTW!!!!!

J

• Like Like x 1
  16. Games I used to play on my old 286 PC in the 80’s that had a 40mb hard drive and 4mb RAM -

Duke Nukem
    JetPac
    Commander Keen series
    Contra!
    Zaxxon

Of course there’s so many more - but let’s talk PC game developers from the 80’s!

Apogee! ( Duke Nukem 3D, Rise of the Triad, Blake Stone, Crystal Caves, Wolf 3D et al)

ID Software - Doom, Quake, Heretic and Hexen, of course the very best was “Return to Castle Wolfenstein” lol

Epic Megagames (or was that early 90’s? Still - Jazz Jackrabbit, Jill of the Jungle,

So more 90’s - and my kids loved these!! Humongous Entertainment - remember Freddi Fish and the Putt-Putt series?

So many.

J

17. Postal 2!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1