old pc friendly mmorpg?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by lar20, Sep 13, 2009.

1. #21 Bud Wiser, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    As Travis says, it's a dungeons & Dragons RPG. But the game allows the gaming community to create new adventures, worlds and custom content. There are literally thousands of game modules (complete single player adventures) created by players that can be downloaded for free. Some of them are BETTER than the original single player game! About 5 years ago I created my own multiplayer world using the included toolset. I had up to 20 people playing on my server sometimes (some servers had up to 60!). Things have slowed over the years, but there are still a number of die-hards still playing online.
    Some people have even created modern day tilesets for the game. There's even some zombie survival servers!

Neverwinter Nights 2 has much better graphics, but the toolset requires a bigger learning curve to create things in the game. To some it is too hard or time consuming, so there are less multiplayer worlds and community created modules.

2. try cronous too...that game requires like minimal graphics to run...its fun

3. Ohh yea, I just remembered all those modules.

4. DAoC???

used to play that along time ago, theres like 15 classes or some shit, dont really remember gameplay too much though, but i know its still around and kickin.

5. Nope, they're taking down the servers.

6. if you liked old school UO pvp, then please please do yourself a favor and buy Darkfall

7. Really? Since when? I don't see anything on the Herald....Granted there are only ~300 people playing it right now though. But yea, your comp could definitely run DAoC. Spent 181 days of my life in that game :p

8. Dude i used to play that game all the time, fucking fun times man :smoking: