old hps or new mh for flowering

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by goopyquill, Oct 6, 2010.

1. i am 2 weeks into flowering and was wondering if it is better for me to use my new mh bulb through flowering or a hps that i've had going for 18 months

2. Buy a new HPS.

3. i wish i had the money to buy a new bulb but unfortunatly i'm broke until i start pulling some buds so i'm trying to do the best i can with what i have

4. yeah i get that, in all honesty i really dont know which is better. I know that an old HPS will yield you a bunch of popcorn buds. Im not sure what a good MH will do with flowering. maybe try and find some warm 2700k cfls along with the MH.

5. dont work with mh for flowering mate, it should really be used only for vegging.

just use the old hps bulb for now. i know your broke mate, but bulbs are not at all expensive.

thats just my opinion.

peace
    eastman

6. I agree, get the new bulb. Here in the USA you can get 250 and 400 watt HPS bulbs at Home Depot for $20-25 I believe. MH is wrong spectrum for flowering.

7. i whent to my local electrical suply store and baught a 250 hps bulb for 12$ but yea i wouls use the hps over the mh