OLD 90’s SEEDS

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Mich42.0, Apr 17, 2019.

?

Will these 20+ yro seeds sprout?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. My father gifted me a small bag of crappy buds from a box in the basement from the mid 1990’s. I broke open the buds and found 2 seeds. I’ve been looking on YouTube to try and determine the sex of the seed and plant and only have chosen seeds that I believe are classified as “female”. I have these seeds along with seeds from a plant grown last year ( these sank to the bottom of the glass immediately after sumbmersion), and a strain named “Thai”. Looking at this picture starting with the blue glass is: Precious year’s seeds, 90s seeds, then Thai seeds.
    I will be posting reports on this grow please stay tuned!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes it is possible but might take longer to germ. I have some seeds from the 70's and 80's from my uncle and I have been able to germ them but had to do it a certain way. I basically did the cup of water tech where I scarify the seeds and place them in a cup of water with seaweed extract. Scarify is where you slightly open up the outer seed shell so that the water is easier to travel into the seed and feed the embyro helping to germinate faster instead of having to wait for the water or heat to break the outer shell. The seaweed extract is used to help add natural plant hormones such as auxins, cytokinins and gibberellic acid which all help the seeds germinate faster and raise the chance of germination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sorry double post,,,,mac

• Like Like x 1
  4. as far as determining sex based off the looks of seeds... I dont believe in that or atleast have not seen enough information and testing that proves that to be possible. but that is just my opinion. I would try to germ them all and determine the sex as they grow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yea Gibberellic acid can be used to get old seed to germinate .ivve seen it done ,,and i think theres some thing on Google as well about using it to germinate old seeds ,,mac.

• Agree Agree x 1