okay don't hate me....

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TheAstroblaster, Oct 29, 2010.

1. but i have never took a liking towards Bob Dylan....

I cannot see why he is lifted towards the skies like a god and when i hear his music i don't understand what makes people like him so much

Is Bob Dylan overrated???

2. Nah, definitely not overrated man.

I enjoy his son's music as well.

3. nah bobs tha man.

4. I've always had the exact same feeling dude, you are not alone

5. i love Bob Dylan.

6. No. He has written many great songs that are covered by many other great musicians.

Knockin on Heavens Door
    Like a Rolling Stone
    It's All over now, baby blue
    All Along the watchtower

7. About half of his stuff is gold the other half is shit.

Bob is probably the best songwriter of the last 50 years or so. You really have to take the good with the bad, its the same thing with John Lennon. Trade Beautiful boy for Imagine.

Plus without Bob you wouldn't have 'The Band'.

8. People are forgetting to explain WHY Bob Dylan is so great.

I'm a firm believer that Bob Dylan would be completely overlooked today, however music today would not be music today without Bob Dylan.

First off, and most obvious, the man was/is one of the best lyricists of all time. His incorporation of folk, bluegrass, and gospel was unheard of at the time in the 'pop' scene (pop meaning popular not pop as in bubblegum pop of today).

He really did change the face of music and music composition at the time, and so many musicians followed suit.

9. hate you :cool: naaah, don't think any Dylan fans would hate ya. I think to some degree he is a bit over rated, but he was very out spoken and political in his time...he introduced the Beatles to weed and maybe other drugs...haha, he knows everyone it seems and has worked with almost everyone as well...

You know i think age sometimes has a place with Dylan fans, but hey you either like something or you don't anyways....no biggie.

My older brother is one of the biggest Dylan heads there is, growing up with him, I never got it, didn't care for Dylans voice didn't care for the music, then I started playing guitar, and turned out folk and acoustic rock is where it's at for me, so I gave Dylan a harder listen, but yeah now I really dig him....the older stuff the best. Seen his Childhood home, I'm from his part of the world actually...

but keep on rockin' out bro....whatever gets ya goin' is alright ;)