Ok, you tell me

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RongBip, Sep 6, 2011.

1. So i got a 400w hps/mh and a space that is approx. 22"x32" and up to 52" tall. I need to find an enclosure for it, but i dont know what. I have been searching craigslist with little sucess, and im not about to drop $80 on a wardrobe or something, i would like to find something used.

this is the only thing stopping me from germinating seeds...well that and some dirt and nutes.

any ideas for an enclosure i could use....and i dont know how tall I should go.

btw, alredy set on the hood, carbon scrubber, fan, and little gizmos. I want this to be 100% sorted out before i start growing some plants.

2. nevermind

3. u want an enclosure to go in the space you have?

4. sorry, its in a closet and i live in an apartment. this is a stealth grow, and i have a giant scrubber to help with that. I also have attic access for ventilation. I am not the name on the lease, and I like to have a closed system.

If i did convert the closet into a grow room, i would need another place to put my clothing lol, and i would have trouble sealing it up.

I have been looking at file cabinets, wardrobes, dressers ect. But can anyone think of anything still super cheap, that fufills my dimension needs?

5. yea, sounds weird, but its a walk in closet that is L shaped. I am using the odd end of the "L" to close off into a containable grow box. The other half is my clothing lol

6. 2x4s and plywood or pegboard, maximum grow space for what you have, tents are cool as well if you dont want big plants or are just using autos or something. If the closet is big enough try and split the light, having clones on deck is such an awesome feeling

7. So you just need a small dresser-like object, that can fit inside your closet and be large enough for how ever many pots you have. I know you mentioned craigslist, but if you look at the "Free" section on CL, i guarantee you someone is throwing out a structure that would work for you.

8. you can build it yourself to perfectly suit your space. even can make it super stealth by making a fake wall like a magician :D I would have built mine if i didn't have to buy tools.

9. Hows it coming along OP?

10. Ok, i forgot about craigslist's free section, i will definitely have to check that out for something nice.

Building a box from scratch could work though, I just dont have the materials to cut it, but i think home depot will for like 50 cents or something, and that would give me the most space. Plus i could conceal it with a fake wall if i wanted to...mm that sounds like fun haha. But a lot of work.

I am also gonna look for some plastic boxes, get like 3 or four big rubbermaid containers, and then cut the bottoms off, and tape it together. That would be the quickest option I think.

If i got enough of them, i could also slice it down the middle, and then custom make the boxes to fit my dimensions.

gah, this is tough, but i will have to just keep my eyes open.

11. i would get a dresser for my clothes and use the whole closet. thats just me. otherwise all of your clothes are going to smell like the killer. (if they don't already...lol)

12. haha yea i thought about that a little, might get a cheap wardrobe or something. But i think i decided, i am going with a rubbermaid enclosure, going to the store after class to go take a look.

13. ...so you can empty out your closet, right? :D

LOL, I make sacrifices for my plants.

14. i have no closet.... lol.... built shelves on a wall with a big long closet rod.. i wouldn't have suggested it if i didn't think it was a great idea... thought about ditching the bed to be honest... what can i say?? i'm hooked

15. Yea... the urine stained mattress has GOT to go;)

16. bad taste but somebody may grin

17. Yea I am making a rubbermaid container for sure.

I have seen someone elses container and that would be perfect. Heres a link to it if your interested.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...l-autoflower-grow-first-auto-indoor-grow.html

I didnt have an amount for how many plants i am going to grow, but its going to be 2 I think.

I have a bunch of bagseed, but i also want to order some autos from nirvana. Yes im growing autos, dont hate. I just want 60-70 days from seed, i would be happy with a half ounce on each plant.

18. Have fun with your temps in that rubber maid box.

19. I will, I have a DIY stanley fan hooked up to a carbon scrubber. It will be venting into the attic, and pulling in air from my air conditioned room.

I dont see how temps would be drastically different based on my container, i thought it was more about venting it out right.

20. Urine stains = bad taste? you must live in the rich part of town