Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ok, this is gonna sound funny, but i need someone to teach me. . .

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JJmatix, Feb 15, 2011.

1. #1 JJmatix, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    The amounts of weed, listen

I have been smoking for 4 years, and i rarely buy my own weed, my friends always smoke me out.

So now i feel more responsible and ive decided to buy my own weed , so i can smoke whenever, however, wherever i want.

So i usually buy "dubs" which is, in this area, $20 sac of weed. but exactly how much would be a "skimpy" dub, and how much would be a "hooked up (fat)" dub? how many grams etc? what is it supposed to look like? i always used to buy dubs and just "take the dealers word for it," and just smoke it

if anyone could provide a picture of a dub sack of weed - a fat dub and a skimpy one...and maybe a dollar bill next to them for comparison..that would help..anything..just teach me everything i need to know

2. Yeah well a dub is a 20 sack, supposed to be a 1/4 oz in most places, depends on where you are. If it's supposed to be a 1/4 it should be 7 grams, I recommend getting a scale if possible. Then there's dimes which are usually 1/8's or 3.5g for $10 in most places. Then after dubs you got your halfs and wholes 14 and 28g price depending on location.
    Go smoke and experience the shit and explore.

3. 20 bucks should get you around 1.5-1.7 depending on your area and the dealer.

A hook up would be anything more than 1.7

When my dealer hooks me up I usually get like a 2.1 or 2.2

4. Well shit if we're talking dank most people usually get like $20/g, $50-$60 for an 1/8 and anywhere from 80-120 for 1/4 and shit. Like I said it location-dependent for price though.
    Ask around, your friends or dealer. :smoke:

5. but this says, $20 dollars will get me 3.5 grams
    Urban Dictionary: 8th

so basically, if i ask my dealer for an 8th, what do i get, and if i ask em for a DUB, what do i get? because a DUB is strictly $20 worth of bud could be more or less but an 8th is 3.5 g which could be any price thrown at me?

6. Puffin on that schwag huh bro?

A dub should get you anywhere from 1.0-2.0 depending on the potency and how much they like you.

7. If you're getting an 1/8 for $20 then you're getting shit weed. Your tolerance may be low, but at least get some mids.

8. i pay $20 for 3.5 grams mids and $15-$20 for a gram kind bud

9. Wait so you pay 20 for an 1/8th and 15-20 for a gram? lol huh?

10. i think im just gonna buy a dub off a friend tomorrow, who says he'll hook me up fat, and ill post a pic of it here and you guys can tell me if i indeed got hooked up, and ill just use that dub as a reference for future purchases

11. dub only means $20 worth of weed. $20 worth of weed is going to be different everywhere you go. certain places command higher or lower prices. thats just how the game plays.

dub sacks are usually only for mids/reg. they take a '$20 dollar sized bag' and fill it up with bud. its not really a weight. and the size of the bag depends on the dealer. this guys dub might only be that guys dime. dig? if you want an 8th, ask for an 8th, if they sell 8ths, they likely won't sell dubs. i find people who do, don't sell by weight.

12. Nah..your reg might be shwag but out here we got that good reg, and we don't call 1/8's dubs out here. A dub is for reg, and for reg, you get 7g for $20 like I said, and he was talking about dubs anyways..Like I said I get $20/g for the dank bout $50 and 1/8.

So around here if you ask for a dub you're talking 7g reg, and if you ask for an eighth you're talking 3.5g of some KB. But like I said just ask him or your chill smoking buddies.

13. Around here (Louisville, KY our prices seem consistent with other places in the U.S.)

Dime - 1g - $10
    Dub - 2g - $20
    Eighth - 3.5g - $30
    Quarter - 7g - $35
    Half Oz - 14g - $60
    Ounce - 28g - $120

Past the O Zone prices are usually dealer specific, I've seen half pounds of some dank for $250 and quarters of regs for $400

Some dealers may charge a little less for eighths and more for half's, depends on how well you know them, their profit margin, etc. But around here these are the generally accepted standards

14. damn your shits cheep we pay 20 a gram 60 an 8th 120 a quad all good dank bud

15. this is def a good price list for REGS

and ofcourse DANK buds are gonna cost alttle bit more, we all know this

16. Well depending on where your from, dealers usually charge per gram. Like I said depending on where your from because where I'm from, it's $10 a gram. Most places in the states are more though seeing as I'm from Canada. But the unwritten rule is the more you buy the better deal you're getting.

17. I dunno man reg's don't usually cost $60 for a half ounce, must be some damn near godly reg's because for the price I can cop an O and another 1/8 of reggie. But yes..whatevs.
    :smoke:

18. $20 will get you different grams depending on the bud you buy. If you buy $20 worth of headies($20/g) then you'll get a gram, but most likely will get skimped by your dealer by like .3g(whatever the weight of the bag is). If you get hooked up by your dealer he'll weigh the bud before putting it in the bag.

Now if you were to buy mids($10/g) then you'll get 2 grams(either more or less) depending on the dealer.

19. I miss the days when you could just "take their word for it"