Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ok so im new to this

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Wynne, Dec 8, 2008.

1. I am really new to this and I think I just got screwed. I gave my guy 120, and only got 5.3g.
    I use my stuff for medical purposes. I have Arnold Chiari malformation. Helps with the migraines.

My question is, how do I avoid having this happen again? How do I avoid having people think im naive and dont know any better?

2. ask how much per gram. have them weigh it in front of you. do the math.
    5.3g @ $10 per gram= $53.

the price per gram mightve been more, but you shoulda got close to 1/2 oz with $120.

3. Weight it out in front of them. And don't give people money unless they have the weed on them.

4. Buy a scale and bring it with you. Before you buy it, ask to weigh it out. Most people trying to rip you off will relise your not going to be fooled so they either will 'admit' to their mistake, or you can call them out on it. Educate yourself on how much oz and such weigh, so next time you buy some you wont ever get yourself in that situation again. And remember dont put yourself in the situation to get ripped off, If hes not gonna change anything, flat out tell him that you will take your buisness elsewhere.

5. Thanks. I really feel dumb heh.
    But I suppose I live I learn. Its not like its bad stuff, but damnit...it is not worth that much heh.

6. Get it weighed in front of you, like everyone else said. I usually get 1/4(7g) for $100.

7. it could have been reallly good shit though and if you live in a really pricey area..than that could actually be accurate...i meann...for like 7g of really dank ass stuff here its like 140. but thats the max..

where do you live

8. Well.. tell us what the weed looks like. Color? How does it feel? Is it sticky? Etc.. Sounds pretty pricy.. so it's either really good bud, or yes you got ripped off.
    Most dealers don't sell 5 gram bags anyhow, so that's weird.
    Ask how much it is per gram.. BUY A SCALE and weigh it in front of you're dealer. I can't stress it enough.

Just so you're clear on the weights..,
    10 sack (dime) - 1 gram bag (less or more depending on quality)
    20 sack (dub) - 2 gram bag (less or more depending on quality)
    1/8th - 3.5 grams
    quarter - 7 grams
    half ounce (half o) - 14 grams
    ounce (o) - 28 grams.

If you ever buy in large quanties just remember there are 16 ounces in a pound.
    So a quarter pound is like 112 grams? i think. and a whole pound is 453? i could be a little off.
    Hope this helps.

9. NW suburbs of chicago.

10. LMAO. my friend, you got ripped. sorry for the LOL.
    i honestly don't think anyone in the chicago area is paying that much for 5grams...

I'm paying 120$ for a quater of a oz for some really good strain shit.
    I get good BEAST ass headies for like 90 for a quater of a oz.

NW suburbs where specifically? I've heard that the burbs are really to somewhat dry right now also....
    but all in all i'd say you got ripped.

11. everyone gets screwed when theyre new to buying on their own. i know i did a couple times before i git everything straightened out :p:p:p

12. damn right unfortunately. 5g for $120 couldn't be found anywhere around the city

13. I live in the NW Chicago (Wheaton) and its $20 per g, so 5.3 for 120 is still a rip unless its really good. Im no expert, but a buddy of mine used to deal and now we buy from the same guy and he says that the shit we get from him is really good, so I believe him. Its definately dank I can tell from the pics on this site.

14. Carefully shop around a little. It's good to have more than one connect anyways, just in case. You'll find a fair dealer that you like. good luck

Peace