Ok lets end the hype.

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by blazewun, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Rift.

Who has played it?

Discuss the ups and downs.

Personally, I played the trial. Total garbage. That might be my bias as an avid WoW player, though.

2. Their goal was to kill WoW, ultimately it failed. This is because every mmorpg tries to follow in World of Warcraft's footsteps but it can't be replicated. This is why I think the old republic will do better, it seems like bioware is coming up with a lot of original ideas.

3. Yeah. In my eyes nothing matches wow's pvp system. Can't be asked to be a raid or questfag.

4. i dont know what rift is but I live in sarasota one love mang

5. #5 blazewun, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Blaze on bro. Light up a fattie for all the floridians here

6. lol you are wrong

7. I bought the game about 4 weeks ago hit level 50 and almost a few days later I quit. To me there is really nothing to do at end game for new upcoming players. No one groups to often so u can get the pve gear to raid, and grinding the pvp gear is a pain in the ass because your forced to constantly get rape smashed for 6 prestiges by people in 10x better gear just to be on par with them.

I hated it, fuck that pos game

8. I feel the same as leanpocket, although the server i picked is a little unpopulated i will be switching as soon as the free change comes out in a day or 2.

i hit level 50 though and everytime i get on i just sit there, same as wow when i hit 80.

guild wars 2 hurry up..

9. the PVP is much better than WoW.

rift is the best mmo out there right now, but unfortunately the genre is dying due to lack of innovation.

the lack of things to do at high levels is because is a new game. WoW had almost nothing to do at level 60 when the game came out. it takes awhile to build these games.

10. League of Legends c:

11. Guild Wars 2 is going to be incredible, can't wait for it ^^

12. 8.5 outta/10 love the class system looks great its fun and you can try yourself free 7 day trial, but will fall hard when gw2 and diablo3 comes out

13. Yea I'm totally stoked for diablo3.

14. lol you are wrong again. b/c of course mentioning Azeroth means "This game will kill WoW". they couldn't possibly be doing it just to differentiate themselves from the MMO monopoly that is WoW. They couldn't possibly have mentioned the most well known MMO in history to elude that the ad is also for an MMO.

Also, did you even read that article? firstly, it never mentions anywhere that Rift claimed to be a WoW killer, the representative of Rift even said that there was room for more than one game in the MMO genre.

anyone saying rift claimed to be a WoW killer (including you) is projecting their baseless assumptions onto the slogan "we're not in azeroth anymore" where does that say "WoW killer"?

as for rift itself, it's alright...has fantastic polish and all the nuts and bolts are there. but in the end, it really is almost the same as wow, and the few things that differentiate it; the rift/class system for the most part, aren't enough to make it stand out from/be better than any other MMO.

TL;DR first, again conosk is totally wrong. second, Rift is as good as any other MMO out there (WoW included imho) but like others have said, it's just more of the same which is boring. we need some totally new mechanics developers, jump on it.

15. #16 Conosk, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    TL;DR, It's obvious Rift was trying to steal subscribers by using the statement ''we're not in Azeroth anymore''. They are directly challenging World of Warcraft, and that isn't debatable, what do you think their goal was with that slogan? The only thing Rift has on WoW is the talents, move along.

16. i was gonna write something, especially after some dude bitched me out in pms.. but then i realized how pointless the argument is

17. @conosk: lol your opinion is not fact, and whatever is "obvious" to you is an assumption without fact behind it, so you're right, it isn't debatable, because you can't base an argument off an assumption.

@wrath soul: eat my balls?

18. So what do you think their reasoning was for ''we're not in Azeroth anymore.''? Was it to differentiate itself from World of Warcraft?

Yep..

19. #20 Yagyujubei, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
    my point is it doesn't matter what I think just like it doesn't matter what you think, because in the end neither of us have any idea what they meant, and like I said you can't base an argument off an assumption.

EDIT: although, the creator or whatever of the game refuting that assumption by clearly saying he believes that there's room for both games is pretty good evidence to support my argument.

also way to create an alternate tag to harass people haha

EDIT 2: oh yeah and like yourself twice haha