ok its time to grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Meadowg, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Ok so roughly a month ago I set out to make a grow room with a $1000 budget. Some things came up and now my budget is 600-800. OG post http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/328152-long-short.html

I have decided I want to grow 18 plants hydroponically, I am trying to decide if I should buy a pre-made hydro system such as http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=16&xSec=34 OR make my own hydro system*s my goal is pretty firm 1 lb. I really need input on the grow system witch will be used for this grow.

also I really need advice on the lighting system. If I go with 6 plants per system *all plants will be on same stage of growth* lay out should i grow them with CFL's and than change them to x3 400w HPS lights for budding or should i just use the x3 400 wat HPS lights for the entire grow? If I go with CFL's for the firt stages of plant growth *before budding* whitch lights should i envest in I'm looking to get the best bang for my buck and how many should i buy keep in mind I am wanting to have all 18 plants basicly lined up in a row. I am pretty set on the 400w's over 600w's and 1000w's not to say i wouldn't use them if they would be best for the plants / set up i have

One last problem, I am having a hard time getting my hands on some decent seeds so I will proboly have to go with shwag seeds. Any info regaurding experince growing shwag seeds under pretty damn decent condtions and a good lighting/hydro setup would be appreciated.

Keep in mind I am not made of money and this is all for none profit I really need help pulling this off . The people of my community as I are very appreciative of all knowledable information to help make this grow everything it needs to be.

Thank you peace and love Meadowg.

2. 18 plants? you should have no prob gettin a lb...
    n if you take care of your schwag seeds they should turn out pretty decent...its not gonna be anything crazy, but better than wat you smoked to get the seeds...
    just remember...
    100-150w for the first plant, and at least 50w for the rest
    lots of airflow
    mh for veg
    hps for flower

3. thx for the advice

4. if i got a switch blade 1000w would it be enough to cover those 18 plants?

5. if you only want to get a pound maybe....but honeslty i would lower the number of plants to about 8-10 n get maybe 3 600w hps/switchable mh...you want the light to reach as much of the plant as possible...so 1000w on more than about 7 plants maybe less would not be that effecient...if you want to maximize yeild you should read up on my topping and lst they can be found in the sticky's...but yea if you want send me like a diagram of your room and equipment you are interested in and ill help you as much as i can...

6. #6 "ridge"racer, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009

here is my 1000 dollar grow tent, i expect to yield about 600 grams from my 600w light, people call me crazy, but it will happen, ill post results.

gotta get the pics, host site not coop. right now, damn.

Attached Files:

7. [quote name='"ridge"racer']here is my 1000 dollar grow tent, i expect to yield about 600 grams from my 600w light, people call me crazy, but it will happen, ill post results.

gotta get the pics, host site not coop. right now, damn.[/quote]

So this is including two inline fans, grow tent, lumatek 600w ballast, cheap mh bulb, Hortilux super hps, vented grow hood, ducting and a carbon filter.

On top of that 1000 bucks, is my nutes, ph meter, ph up&down, buckets, foxfarm soil, and stuff like that, thats another 200 bucks roughly if you factor that in.

but every thing i purchased, on a smaller level could work for you, smaller tent, smaller light, saves on cost!

8. [quote name='"ridge"racer']here is my 1000 dollar grow tent, i expect to yield about 600 grams from my 600w light, people call me crazy, but it will happen, ill post results.

gotta get the pics, host site not coop. right now, damn.[/quote]

shiiit man i hope you do..i got faith...how many plants? lst? id love to see this grow please keep me posted...

i was just tryin to tell him he is able to get alot more than a pound from 18 plants