Ok .. how bout this soil mix?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by holmeed, Apr 19, 2010.

1. I cannot get any farm fox etc anywhere around here. Have to drive 150+ miles to get it.
    I am so far out in boonies.

So I am going to have to use a wal mart or lowes soil product.

How bout miracle grow organic ,feeds for 2 months, soil, 50%, mixed with 25% peat moss
    25% manure/humus? Is that good enough?

I am using female seeds in 7 gallon pots (one per pot of course)
    Since I live in peace I can have pots out in sun in day and put them in garage at night to protect. Nothing can get in..

BTW Do horses eat pot plants?

Thanks alot for any help!

2. I wouldn't add MG if you are adding the other stuff. MG has all the other ingredients you listed combined. I'm sure buying them separate would be cheaper. You will also need to provide aeration for root growth.

A very popular mix would be 70% peat, 15% perlite, 15% vermiculite. To this you would add 25 % of your humus/ manure.

If I were you I would also amend it with a few organic fertilizers when mixing. Check out the organic forum, there is a wealth of info in there. Good Luck!

3. #3 holmeed, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010

Very complicated...

You would think in this day and age they would just have soil with everything in it at the biggest store on the planet.

I already have bought bags of MC organic so I will have to use it no matter what.

Been trying to grow for 8 years with a little luck but not much yield..

I have no choice way out here but to put them in ground or 25% manure on the bottom, 25% peat 50% mg.

Or just use MG?

I have read the forum for HOURS.. no green thumb I guess..Practicing on bag seed but they dont germ in the p towel method...done everything exactly like they say! Have expensive female seeds I 'll try next, they dont germ oh well.. Im done... 9 years of trying ...

"aeration for root growth."

So I have to buy MORE crap? I do I do this? How do I "aerate" root growth??
    Isn't that whats in the MG?

With 30% this, and 25% that and 35% that its a wonder that marijuana can grow at ALL in the wild in just regular dirt...

Might be cheaper to buy it, but what a hassle. So many of my friends gave up on weed long ago and turned to prescription meds like 90% of the population. Too hard to grow and too much$$$ I will try one more time and I'm done..... then go to the doc!

I'm done buying anything more, its getting too costly...

4. Ok so you already have the MG and the other products. You will still need to add your aeration- perlite, vermiculite are easiest to get. Good growing soil should be porous, able to hold water and supply oxygen to the roots. It is also easier for the roots to extend through these materials rather then a compact soil.

I just looked at your soil mix again, it should work fine. I would mix all of your ingredients together with the perlite and vermiculite.

To answer your last question the MG organic soil does not have any aerating quality's, though it may have some chunks of mulch like substances.

You may be able to incorporate your native soil if it is not to bad.

Hope you have better luck this year, it can be a little costly to get going, but the end result should make up for it. Good Luck!

5. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Last ques...

So go 50% MG organic, 20% peat, 20% manure and maybe 10% perlite/vermiculite?

Are these 2 different then? Have to buy both perlite and vermiculite or do they come together?

Should I use more than say 10% of perlite in mix?

Thanks again

6. 10% would work, your plants will grow. But, they will grow much better if you could up it to 20-30%. They are 2 different products, and can both be found at Lowes or HD, most of your stores that sell gardening products will carry them. If you have a gardening center/ nursery you should be able to get a big bag of each, it is not very expensive. I'd go for 15% each if you can, or try your best to come close. Good luck on germinating your seeds! Hope you have a fine harvest come fall!