Ok here's some new picts from everyone's advice . . .

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Momof4, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Thank you all for the great advice. Here are some updated picts of my baby. She still looks sickly and not nearly as pretty as some of the other newbie plants. SO, what do I do now? I plan on switching her to a different pot with new soil this week. Other than that, what else should I do to help this one? Can I start forcing her to flower once in the new pot? Suggestions/advice? All appreciated! :) Thank you all so much for the help so far! (sorry about the picture size discrepancy, not sure what I did wrong!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 housefullOweed, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
    Looks like youve got some serious problems what type of soil are you growing in, how much light of what type do you have covering her, and how offten do you water her?

Also check out this thread it will help you identify your problems visually... http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

3. Stab in the dark.

Shit soil. Wrong ph. And bugs.

4. Believe it or not, she actually looks better than she did with my first post!

I was using Miracle Gro stakes, I have since pulled them out. (did you know they get all swollen and just playdoughy nasty? bleh!) Other than that, I have done any fertilizer because I didn't know exactly what to use and I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a fertilizer.

I plan on changing the soil and pot this week to help (and it was a suggestion from my first post). Currently, she is in Miracle Gro Organic soil. To be honest, I don't know what soil to switch her to . . . there are several that have been recommended here, but I haven't been able to find them locally.

I haven't watered her since my last post because the soil is still wet in the center, around her.

I haven't seen any bugs on her. When it was really hot, we had a couple flies get in the house and when it started getting cold outside I had found them sleeping on my baby's leaves. Other than that, no bugs - I even looked with a magnifying glass.

I will try posting this on another thread as well! Thank you all for your help! I appreciate it!

5. Hydroponics Nebraska - Hydroponics Store Locator - Growshop.com

get some soil... and some soil sweetner(dolomite lime)

never use miracle grow, even organic... your going to shock your plant when you transplant.. its going to set you back a week of growth.....

you need to ph your water

and general hydroponics line in the quart size is like 20 bucks or so... spend it

get you a ph pen if you dont have one already

do this thing right

6. The severe leaf curling & brown spots could be nitrogen toxicity caused by the nutrient sticks, the plant also looks starved for light and the stem looks very weak do you have a fan blowing on it? You didn't answer my question about the lights or watering, & what type of container are you growing in, does it have holes for drainage?

Over all your plant plant looks extremely unhealthy for 3-4 months of age and im pretty sure it wouldn't be able to hold the weight of the buds if it were flowering, honestly i think it would be better for you to kill the plant and start over... This is the reason i created my shopping list way to many people jump the gun and try to grow when they are no where near prepared for it financially or intellectually.

What you need to start seedlings

4 16 oz beer cups with lots of holes punched in the bottom for drainage
    fox farms ocean forest soil or other fertilizer less seed starting mix
    perlite
    powdered dolomite lime
    worm castings
    oscillating fan

You need at minimum 100 actual watts of 6500k-5500k CFl lighting power for your first plant and 50 actual watts for every plant after the first.

This will get you threw the first month or so also i am suggesting starting at least 4 seeds because there is only a 50% chance of a seed being female.