Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ok can a bong be to big?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by themadpcrew, Mar 25, 2004.

1. 2 feet is the biggest i'd buy, i always saw 6+ footers as basically pointless, cept fun to have at parties.

2. What he said I hate too big or too small, I find around 18" is my ideal size bong. When the bongs are 5' or 6' no one can even clear the whole thing and they are usually just nasty, stale smoke, plastic bongs. Small bongs splash gross bong water, have a small chamber, and look whack.

3. Yes a bong can be too big. I have experienced bongs where you cannot create enough vacuum to light the bowls. It took several full breathes of sucking to get anything decent. It's my guess that it's due to a large water surface area(huge bubble at the base). So, I suppose it's just parts of the bong can be too big to function right. I choose bongs based on quality, features, and something you can easily operate alone.

4. I don't think it needs to be more than a 3 foot footer. By the time smoke travels 6 feet or something, it is most likely stale. Has to be glass too.:smoking:

5. 18in or 45cm is my personal favorite height. You get damn big hits and for me it's perfect to set on my lap while hitting it.

6. the tallest tube i have is 22" but id say after like 30" its just kinda pointless.. your not gona taste your hit at all lol

7. No one hits a bong to taste the weed. It's so mild. That's what pipes and one-hitters are for.

8. ....? lol are you serious? a lot of people use bongs to taste their weed.. if you use a small bore and short tube you can taste the weed very well.. like a tube like a WS mini would work good.. i would never use a one hitter to taste my bud ever.. all you will accomplish there is getting a nice hit of ash in your mouth..

9. Go ahead and read your other post again. And maybe a few more times until you see how you contradicted yourself.

10. ok right the kid who collects glass and everything doesnt know what hes talking about. smaller bore (skinnier tubes) and shorter ones (not tall) will preserve the taste of the smoke more than a taller bong with a ton of percs in it.. its common knowledge. i didnt contradict myself at all thankyou.. go ahead and learn about glass a lil bit..

11. You're right, a small bong would help to preserve the taste. However, you said anything over 30" would lose flavor, and my point is that any flavor would have been gone by the time you hit like 7", hence no one buying bongs for the taste. They buy pipes, one hitters and occasionally bubblers, which are essentially the small bongs you described.

If you were actually buying the piece to taste the weed, you'd avoid anything with water or really any filters at all.

12. a small bong isnt anything like a bubbler.. like the tube i described, a wicked sands tiny tube.. is nothing like a bub lol..

13. That's what she said... lol

14. Two-footer fan here

15. My daily driver tube is 18 inches, I feel that 18 is a great length for pracrtical use; but to answer the question, when it gets down to fun/novelty no bong is too big. We have a four footer at my place and it's a blast to bust out for parties.

The biggest bong I've seen was at a headshop in Dallas, it was a glass 9 footer with a gong joint in the middle so it could be transported feasably. The shop had it hanging from the ceiling.

16. how big was the joint in the middle? like a king dub 50mm? something big id imagine haha.. that musta been a sight to see lol