Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oil slick sheets

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by rooooooR, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Hey fellow stoners i recently bought a oil slick ball, sheet, and pad. (Finally) i heard some rumors about blasting and purging directly on the sheets.. Im kinda sketching though cause of the silicon..

Helpful comments and past experiences would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!!!

Ps florida is finally stepping up there oil game...

2. My buddies did with terrible results. I would just stick with blasting right onto parchment paper, that's what I do

3. I've heard that the version 2 is safe to blast on, while the original oil slick pad isn't

4. Most, if not all parchment contains silicone. AKA the exact thing that made oil slicks not safe to spray onto. Apparently the new oil slick material is safe to use with tane.

5. I didn't know it wasn't safe... That's interesting though thank you.

I just knew they didn't like it they said it stuck to the sheet too much

6. My roommate has been using all those things for quite a while now and he goes through grams of erll a week. He doesnt blast it onto the pad at all but he uses it to purge, going back and forth from a vac pump to a warm pyrex dish over low heat. He will purge it for hourssss with no bad results, although i do recall him making crumble one time and it was sticking to the pad somewhat.
    I would definately stay away from blasting onto it.

7. Yeah i even question storing shatters and sap on parchment. That coating seems likely to leave miniscule amounts of silicone in your product. I try to keep everything in glass now, which isnt as convenient, but im used to it by now. But i cant even guess how many grams ive smoked off parchment, not to mention its what 90% of dispensaries sell their concentrates on.

I really feel sold BHO should be made similiar to regulated spirits. Health & safety codes, regulations on all of the equipment(lab grade everything, passing some sort of inspection) and proper purging procedures. Preferably a closed system so no contaminents can get in. And then a full spectrum test, and some sort of maximum ppm of butane and w/e other chemical impurities may end up in some errl. Some unfortunate souls buying terrible bho these days are somewhat similiar to people unknowingly drinking liqour spiked with embombing fluid. Flowers are one thing, but a solvent extraction should be regulated.(if its sold. If you wanna make your own poison and consume it, thats fine. I actually fear government intervention with private hash making if we get legalization.)

8. We make between 4-5 lbs of extract where i work and I use around 100 feet of slicksheet a WEEK.
    so mebe i aint an expert...but i can clear all of this up for you.

1) the first gen slicksheet did not work for everyone.  it was a coated woven material.. the texture did not release well.
    Last year they came out with a pure ptfe film.  its solid, no weave, smooth as fuck, and you just cant beat it.

2) parchment paper has silicone in it....silicone is not safe to blast onto (with non polars like tane)  i dont care if it works well.
    If you take a gander at the ratings for PTFE vs non polar solvents...you will find that it is by far a more correct tool for the job.

3) the CLEAREST oil we have ever made, has purged on slicksheet.  something about it, makes for the secret sauce to perfectly clear oil.

for your reference : not my pics...all homies

ttk showing off mad skills with the slicksheet
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_0nlWAqm5c&list=UUmS4OWgja_hQRp7p5i-Z9rQ&feature=share&index=1

pics from HMA here in the PNW

View attachment 138948
    View attachment 138947
    View attachment 138946
    View attachment 138946
    View attachment 138944
    View attachment 138943
    View attachment 138945
    View attachment 138949

how to make a ptfe boat.

<div> View attachment 138939
    View attachment 138940