Oil Rig recommendations for the few times I smoke concentrate?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by SleeveOfWizard, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I'm back looking for another recommendation..

I bought this bong a while ago...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/bongs-bubblers-water-pipes/1034244-my-new-leftcoast-beaker-bottom.html

I LOVE it. And I recently sold my cheapo ashcatcher, and am about to order this..
    Black Leaf - 8-arm Tree Perc Precooler - Grasscity.com

Now I mainly smoke herb, but am wanting to get into concentrate a little more, and dont like messing around with hot knives, or trying to 'crack-pipe' my bowl.

So I'm wanting to get an affordable oil rig that I can use with my bong and am not really sure where to start.
    IDK if I should get a dome w/ skillet, or a reverse slide w/ nail. And I like the look of glass alot more than metal, but dont want to be breaking and replacing nails/skillets all the time.

So I'm just wondering what your opinions are on different pieces or different brands and styles.

I am really leaning towards a reverse slide so I can use it with my ashcatcher, and then I can maybe get a worked slide to add a little color to my piece.

I try to be very gentle with all my pieces, but I am getting stoned while using them, so a more robust piece would be nice (again why I'm getting away from the dome/skillets)

But what is MOST important to me is getting the smoothest, cleanest, tastiest smoke possible, and ALL other priorities come second. So what do you guys feel is the best concentrate smoking piece out there?

Also, what method of making oil would you recommend for the best taste/smoothest hits as well. I prefer the ease of QWISO (have my own little method) so I make that the most, but have also made BHO. Or should I get a pollen press for my keif ad try smoking with that? Or would that just fall off my dabber?

Thanks again guys..

2. #2 SleeveOfWizard, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012

3. First, a little correction on lingo: skillets are on curves, nails are with domes not reverse slides.

Now, onto the suggestions:

Beer Glass. He has a bunch of different heights of rigs, worked, clear, and they're cheap. He includes quartz nails with all of them and everyone who has one loves it. On top of all that, they are also really heavy little guys, he uses some pretty thick walled tubing to make them.

Look him up on facebook.

4. I'd say go with a health stone, it's a little porous stone that you heat and plop your concentrates on, then they vaporize, I've never used one but they seem the most convenient since you don't need to buy any adapters, just the slide that comes with a stone and a 3 flame jet light to heat the stone. They sell them on water labs. It's under health stone glass.

5. Health Stone is what i would get.

6. Go with the vapor globe you posted a pic of. They work well and they're not expensive. You can always start with a glass nail now and add a titanium one later, or just buy a bunch of glass ones. Either way.

7. #7 SleeveOfWizard, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012
    Thanks for clearing that up..

I checked out Beer Glass, and those are some super sweet pieces.. But the only ones I saw were like one piece bubblers. Right now I'm not smoking much at all really, and I am just starting to get into oil more, so I'm not wanting to buy a dedicated piece just yet, which is why I am thinking just a globe to go on the bong. I would hate to spend a bunch of money on something thats going to spend more time sitting than being ripped through.

Maybe when I get back into smoking more I can justify something like that.

I think the great thing about the dome I posted is its affordable, and down the road, I can buy new domes for it if I see a cool one I like, If I end up breaking glass nails more than I like, the site sells Ti nails for like $12

I also realized I'll probably need a butane torch with an auto-run so I dont have to hold down the button, burning my finger while I'm heating my nail...

I just bought some more bud, and I have a little bit of shake saved up, so when this bud runs out I'll have to make up my mind on what to get and get it. Since I'll be turning that bags shake and my old shake into some qwiso...

I really like smoking hash, but I think the main reason I dont do it so much is that I dont have a convenient, efficient way of smoking it.. So who knows, maybe when I do get an oil rig, I'll go hash crazy:smoke:

I havent personally smoked off a health stone before, but my friend bought a little pack of them from a LHS, and used them for hash, but they would get clogged really quickley.. Maybe he wasnt heating them enough or something..