Oil Rig Help

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by CountryHB, Jun 11, 2014.

1. I need some help with my oil rig.  I just replaced my cheap Chinese oil rig with a new Diamond Glass Recycler because I was having issues with my reclaim collecting inside the chamber.  Well, still having the same problem.  The reclaim is somehow flowing past my reclaim catcher, through the showerhead, past the honeycomb, and collecting on top of the water or sticking to the back of the chamber.  Here are some pics.  This is after 3 or 4 dabs.  What am I doing wrong?  Too much water?  Not enough water?  WTF??? Help!!

Attached Files:

2. Lol the reclaim catch can't catch reclaim that forms past the reclaim catch.

Trim Nazi

3. And how is that a recycler? Function video

Trim Nazi

• Like Like x 1
  4. I understand it can't catch reclaim that forms past it.  My question is how is the reclaim passing through the water, showerhead, and honeycomb?  Why is it not falling into the reclaim catcher?  And my understanding from the cat at Bad Ass Glass that this is called a recycler because the water will pass through the upper opening in the chamber and fall back down the "handle" (don't know what it's called) to the lower opening, returning to the chamber.  Now, if it's not a recylcer, I apologize for calling it such.  I am not "hip" to all the cool names and functions and options offered on pieces these days.  I just wanted a smooth-hitting piece to dab, and this it is.  I'm turning to this forum to try to understand what I am doing wrong with it.

5. #5 CountryHB, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014

Ratchet Perc Recycler by Diamond.  If you are implying that it is not a recycler, I have no reply other than "that's what it's called."

• Like Like x 1
  6. No just never heard of it and wondering how it was a recycler. I am used to other style recyclers.

Trim Nazi

7. Gotcha. I misunderstood your question...my apologies. Thete are a few videos online if you search Ratchet Perc Recycler by Diamond. I don't haze any yet.

8. Your not doing anything wrong, it just happens. There are ways to decrease the amount of claim collecting like switching nail types. On my rig I notice reclaim collects a lot slower when I use a domeless nail.

As far as I know you will always get claim no matter what when dabbing BHO.  Its like blazing flowers out of a bong. No matter what you do you will eventually need to clean that shit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Trixmann, that was the type of answer I was looking for.  I'm currently using a healthstone.  I guess it was a waste of money to buy a reclaim slider...NO reclaim is collecting in it.

10. Leave the collector on there. It takes time but it will fill up. Then you can use that shit to make medibles or just keep it around to season new nails with.

11. I've also noticed this, I believe it's due the the amount of surface area compared to the majority of Domeless nails.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. IMO its cause the claim is sticking to the inside of the domeless instead of the glass from coming in contact with more surface area on the nail.

Maybe thats what you were saying IDK, im hella baked right now.

13. #13 YoShytsWeak, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
    Yeah in a sense?

What I'm trying to say is that because there is more titanium in domeless nails than there is in a nail that requires a dome, when taking the dab it cools down faster. Thus the Cooler vapor turns back in to a solid state and sticks to the rig where as with a Domeless, it stays hoter for longer and the smoke doesn't cool down as much by the time it pass the water.

This is all just a theory of course but it makes sense.

14. Except I'm not using a TI nail...I'm using a Healthstone.

15. There is your problem!

16. #16 dabKling, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    There are so many things wrong with a healthstone from physics to a super misleading name.

• Like Like x 2