Oil pen Question

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by StonerHead237, Oct 12, 2013.

1. I was looking to get a oil pen for a vegetable glycerin tincture. Also I was wondering how to make the tincture. Like if I need to decarbonize it or whatever to change the THCA to THC or if the vape changes it to THC. Any other things I need to know about oil vapes and tinctures etc. Sorry if this is a repost. Thank you

2. Tinctures never really did it for me. The saturation point of glycerin is quite low so your not able to get a potent extract. I ended up drinking mine, and made hash oil from that point on. 

3. How do you make hash oil

4. And what about alcohol tinctures

There's many ways to do it, the two most common ones are by using butane or pure alcohol to dissolve the essential oils out of the plant material. After that's done, the alcohol or butane is evaporated out of the mix and the remaining oil is scraped up and turned into hash. Here's a video on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxr77lMEHcA

Remember that any organic solvent like this is going to extremely flammable in enclosed spaces. Please don't blow up your house, do it outside. People who do it inside are that special kind of asshole who have no regards for not only themselves but anyone around them. 

Not worth it if your using beverage alcohol, it's but you can use 100% alcohol to make very high quality hash oil. 

6. Will i need a special kind of vape for hash oil? will i need a vape that works with vales or oil? thanks for all your help

7. #7 Hyekakan, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013

i always decarbed before i made tincture but man it takes a while for thegood ones like weeks only good thing about it is it masks the smell. Other then that i dont see a pro on using it its nothing but cons. but if you get oil use peg400 to mix they are better then the off the shelf ones at the supermarkets

8. What's the difference between wax and oils?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

9. Really, it's just how runny or hard it is. They are both made by similar methods, it's really all about what temperatures you use in the purging process. Hotter temperatures make for harder concentrates like wax or shatter. 

10. #10 StonerHead237, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    What would be a good vape for the oil/hash if i use the alcohol method with evaporation to a tar like state

11. Trying to find answers to :home made Vape ejuice no matter how you make it. Why decarbonize cannibis if using in a vape pen, the pen I use and from what I understand most vape pens produce temperatures well above the temperature to decarb, if you decarb and then use vape pen that produces temperature high over 350f you burn off the THC