Oh NO! Got two males :((

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zombieSHROOM, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Well guys, 2 of my 4 plants are males :(

One Ice, and One White widow.

So, I have removed them from the females and put them in a completely different room. What can I do with these boys?

Besides breeding is there ANY "recreational" use for a male plant? Or should I just rip em out and start some new seedlings?

2. I've heard of hashing em but the result would be mininmal if any I think. I would just start some new seeds.

3. I only use them for breeding, I have heard stories about hashing them or butter but I would guess that it would not provide much of what you are looking for.

4. #4 zombieSHROOM, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    That's what I was thinking. Can anyone elaborate on this? Might as well not just throw it away, I could at least have some fun with it haha

5. I thought that males barely contain THC? unless you mix it with bud? :x

6. umm breed it, or hash it ... but its not worth the time to hash it, its like a headache more then anything... or you can always go plant it somewhere random to trip people out lol

7. ^ thats what i heard but i would breed it! because you'll get seeds which you may need it in the later future ?

8. #8 bablok, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    Cross them and name it
    If its wite and ice, id get a like purp strain

9. Well dudes, looks like you have heard wrong- at least, when it comes to Moroccan strains! These dudes have the equipment to do accurate measurement of THC levels- no guesswork at all! :confused:

Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco. (abst – 2005)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21338017

Qualitative analysis using high performance liquid chromatography with diode array detection revealed the presence of both the acid and the decarboxylated form of the main cannabinoids, cannabidiol, THC and cannabinol, and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry was used for the characterization of minor cannibinoids. Quantitative analysis using gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry made it possible to determine the average delta-9-THC content of cannabis in its fresh form (0.5 per cent), its dry form (2.21 per cent) and its powdered form (8.3 per cent). The results show that the traditional areas of cannabis cultivation--Al Hoceima and Chefchaouen--produce cannabis with a higher delta-9-THC content than the Larache region. In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops.

And personally, I have smoked some reasonably stoney males! :smoking: It seems that a "good" male, is about as stoney as his "average" sister. So they are not "useless" by any means! Mine end up in brownies and other edibles and the hubby says he has no complaints! :D.

One time I got a "run" of 7 males in a row, but I had started 10 seeds, so there were 3 females!

Granny :wave:

10. Just toke the leaves or what? This is pretty interesting :smoking: