Oh No....Another Newbie Thread!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StickyFingerDud, Apr 20, 2010.

1. #1 StickyFingerDud, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
    Hello all! Long time toker and lurker, 1st time grower. I've set up a stealth grow and obtained some fine seed stock from a reputable seed bank (5 NL and 5 Snow White + 3 Freebies) but since this is my first attempt I wanted to hold off on using the good seeds and decided to try germinating a single seed that was found embedded deep inside a fat bud from a otherwise seedless bag of nice budz I got a few week ago.

I germinated in a tupperware and towels and then transplanted into a rapid rooter for the first week followed by a platic cup and ulitmately into it's final home of Ocean Forest soil. I've just starting adding Botanicare grow nutrients in a very diluted amount and will increase to normal amount within the next week or so.

My cab is made from a plastic store bought Black and Decker cabinet that I added intakes and exhaust fans and milar walls. I've added light socket in different places and used flexible extensions thorughout to allow me to best position the lights where needed. I have a high output CFL Hood (T-5) that claims 10,000 lumens and I've also added 4 x 42 watt cfl all in 6500k spectrum with the ability to add 2-3 more bulbs on the other side of the cab to accomodate more plants. I am at 23 days right now (24hr light) and the plant seems healthy and quite bushy but is still very short. Is this normal for a plant that is 3+ weeks old? Is it possible this plant may be of the low rider variety? Should the plant be taller or will I start seeing more verical growth in the next few weeks? Any advice on when to switch to 12x12 light cycle? I obviously want to maximize yield since I only have this one plant but I'm not sure what is the best length of time to veg. I have a screen already set up for SCROG but I don't assume it will be needed if the plant is very short and I have adequate side lighting? Comments welcome!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. great looking setup. It will grow. looks healthy and doing fine.

3. I'm growing in something very similar right now. I go by height b/c of the limited space. I have a just under 3 ft total, so I go 12/12 when my selected plnats, and/or clones are around 15-18 inches. Depending on strain they will double and sometimes triple in height during preflowering/flowering; it is not a good feeling to have to cut off a main top 2 or 3 weeks early b/c of space. I usually go with 2 plants, 3 gl containers, and get about n oz or so off each one. Since you are doing SCROG, you can easily train that plant to give you 2-4 oz's depending on how well you select where you top and how you train it.

4. your bagseed looks like it might be on the indica side of things. so i t might be bushy. yes it is 4 20 today.

5. #5 StickyFingerDud, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    OK here is a quick update. The plant is now 28 days old from seed and is getting more bushy with lots of branching but still staying short in height. Since I can't determine the breed of the plant I am unsure about how tall I can expect it to get. Should I give it a few more weeks to grow before flowering or switch color and light cycles now? I didn't see huge growth with my current 24hr on light cycle so I have decided to try something new and switched light to 20 on 4 off to give the plant a little break during the night. How long do most of you veg for and what kinda heights are you seeing with plants after 1 month growth? I am just above 3 inches and am concerned that this plant may be genetically bred for small size like a lowryder. Advice please?

Attached Files:

6. Well it's been a total of 51 days since seed and I have been flowering for almost 3 weeks now. I lucked out with my plant and it turned out to be female. There are lots of bud sites and the plant is very very bushy. I've also added a 250w HPS and moved the T-5 hood to the front of the cab along with a couple more CFL's for side lighting. Bud production seems to be going well. I'm guessing I have at least 5 or 6 weeks left till harvest.

Attached Files:

7. Lookin good man!

8. Bravo! Congrats on the beautiful girl! Patience is the virtue in this game.

Good growing!

9. looks great, the first one is the hardest...waiting, you have a way to go. ,,but its worth it in the end.