Og kush COCO Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by motech, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Hi ALL GC I germed 6 femmed og kush seeds and ended up with three strong girls and a runt, I already have an og kush mum puttin out clones but im lookin for stronger lemony and citrus flavor. I like to use Happy Frog Jump start in coco and perlite I also add some archipelago bat guano and thats about all they need to veg except some water and light coming from 5 26 watt cfls.

Notice the dates and amount of explosive growth in the first two pics, the clones are 5 days old.

3 gallon mix
    1 botaniacare cocogro brick
    2 quarts miracle grow perlite
    1 tbl spoon dolomite lime
    2 tbl spoon Jump Start (foxfarm happy frog)
    3 tbl spoon Archipelago guano

All of the above give the girls the best possible start and all the necessary micronutes and beneficial bacteria, the coco/perlite medium keeps the water/air perfect for massive roots...

Attached Files:

2. I decided to put the clones in a seed tray, i trimmed the cubes to fit and watered them with a little liquid karma & olivias cloning solution. The seedlings are in 1 gallon pots for another 2 weeks max. When I gotta water them everyday thats when I usually transplant to 3 gallon pots and off to the flower box under 600 watt HPS on a light rail.

Tomorrow I'll post some pics of my other grow so you can see how the light, ventillation, and light rail are setup in the flower box. I got three girls in there @ about 2 1/2 weeks 12/12, they came from a bag of 1 hitter quitter sh*t but IDK what kind.

Attached Files:

3. Awesome.
    I have 4, 3 gal. pots with coco. I haven't used all the cool nutes you have. I am curious how it will go for you.
    :smoke:
    Learning as I go...

4. Hey Thanks Dsourman, here is a bud shot of my last og kush, I got almost 3 ounces from her and that 1 bud weighed 11.5 grams.:D

Attached Files:

5. Very nice. I have not used coco but I do use happy frog mixed with ff putting soil and 20% perlite

6. Those Lil ladies are looking nice

7. Babies aint babies no more and lookin like Im gonna have to feed em but they also need to go into 3 gallon pots.

Attached Files:

8. lookin great man. cant wait to see them tittys on the girls.

9. I saw this a few days ago but things are looking good man. That one bud looks fucking fantastic.

10. Very nice transplant and feted them ladys.

11. That bud tasted so hollywood and I got almost 3 oz from that plant, why you think I would grow it again:D

12. :smoke:I didnt transplant yet, I gotta get some more pots, the girls still sit in 1 gallon pots.

13. Hi all you gc's. just a little update, gettin so big and beautiful.

Attached Files:

14. i love it...

can you explain how you water... and what nutes you use... plants look good

15. #15 motech, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    On this grow the only nutes these plants got was Happy Frog Jump Start until today I gave them a 1/4 shot of FoxFarm Cha Ching just to help sex them before I transplant into 3 gallon pots.

16. #16 motech, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    I only water when they need water, soil dry and seperated from the pot. The nutes are mixed into the soil.
    3 gallon mix
    1 botaniacare cocogro brick
    2 quarts miracle grow perlite
    1 tbl spoon dolomite lime
    2 tbl spoon Jump Start (foxfarm happy frog)
    3 tbl spoon Archipelago guano
    This mix is what I grow in, all of the nutes are time release. You don't need to ad any extra nutes until transplant.
    when you grow in coco ph the water 5.5 to 6.5 being ideal @ 6.3 and always monitor your run off, when it goes low that means salt build up. This is stuff to worry about when you add nutes later during flowering

17. Awesome grow, but just a quick question for you. Do you keep the ph at 6.3 throughout the whole grow? Though it can work that even seems a little high for veg when youre in coco, but while youre flowering I know Phosphorus locks out at 6.0 in coco. Just tryna clarify.

18. Thanks I watered @ 6.0 today and in a couple of days I'll water 5.7 and add a little guano to the water kinda like guano tea:D

19. plants look great and I love you mix. this is exactly how I used to grow in coco in college (Back 10yrs). I was going to get back into coco again and I can't remember what the Ph should be. I remember I did have to ph my water before feeding unlink Pro Mix.

The dolomite lime helps keep the Ph up around 6.5-7 (tap water) correct?

your grow is going to be a good one to watch. Especially because of the similarities of the grow medium. I will be takin' notes for sure thanks kindly

you said you water when the soil is dry. I thought Coco always liked being slightly wet. and to always water with 10% runoff. thats just what I kinda remember.

kd

20. I topped them @ 6 sets of leaves last night and watered them this morning at 6.0 ph.

Attached Files: