offspring from pack of seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by alaskagrown, Jan 28, 2009.

1. hi,
    what will you get from breeding the plants from a pack of seedbank seeds? i mean, just letting them pollenate from the same batch..male to female..

say jack herrer seeds?

will they be a combination of every type of strain? or will they just keep on making jack herrer?

this has probably been answered a hundred times.

thanks

AKgrown

2. It depends on the actual genetics of the strain, and no not all are equal even if named the same.

Most strains are hybrids, and unless they are backcrossed correctly their offspring will usually reflect one of the grandparents rather than the parent.

3. Very simply, you will end up with a cross of the two parents, not a combo of every strain.

4. hi there toasty and oldskool-how's it going? thanks for the info...i was thinking about making a bunch of seeds but if the seeds were gonna be crap then i would rather buy new ones that are the real deal..

i do some cloning and a lot from seed...i will start a seed then after 7 days of veg stick it under 12/12...do the same with clones one they get some legs...

i usually add 16 every 2 weeks and pull 16 every 2 weeks...

figured i might save a buck or two...

great feedback..excellent site..

AKgrown

5. That doesn't mean they will be crap. Again it depends on the strain, but most strains are bred from already good stuff.

6. Why would the seeds be crap? You mean from your own current genetics rather than from a seedbank? Is the weed you grow decent?

7. hi oldskool and toasty and everyone else--no i dont do too bad in the growin dept.

i just meant if i may end up with an thai plant or a plant that requires a long flowering period then i would rather not waste the time...i am working on some white widow and jack herrer and nl x bb...i also have some moroccan and thai haze skunk and some skunk #1

i crossed some seeds and i am growing them out but not sure what they will be cause i crossed a white widow with a O*Thai X Haze X Skunk....and some others..

i have some nl x bb i wanted to make seeds with but i may just cross the white widow with the nl x bb and see what happens...

looking for some early finish and high yield..but isnt everybody?

interesting information

AKgrown