Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Official T-Break Support v2

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Good Afternoon, Oct 19, 2010.

1. @[member="TickTockCroc"]
    I was going through the exact same thing. Just pretty much couldnt do anything. broke and losing friends.
    But then I never looked at it as addiction, I was going through a phase where I used weed to avoid problems in life. 
    that is psychological. 

I do get anxiety, irritability, insomnia..etc. But they will pass in a few days. (I take sleeping aid for my sleep)

I know it's tough man.

I tried to set up a schedule to avoid weed or maybe try to smoke at night before bed instead of blazing from the moment i wake up.

But like I said, the real problem was my life, not weed.

Start dealing with your life. Actively catch up on all school work by emailing your instructors, fix all your academic problems with your counselor, clean up your house (like seriously fucking clean), come clean with your close ones and ask them for help (This one works real well).

I find it very encouraging when I feel like I'm starting fresh.
    to me, it just wouldnt work if I force myself to stop smoking weed. Because when it's late at night and my will is weak, i would just go screw it, I will still go to class tomorrow. And guess what, I never go haha.

Stop telling yourself weed is harmless and it's good. It's not, not for you. After you get yourself together and catch up on all your school work, you will be more responsible with weed. You can start over and know what weed can do to you if you abuse it.

And I bet you won't do it again!

No one is going to care if you just become a useless bum and never graduate from college. Only you can do something about it.

PS. Don't sit on your couch and list all the things you need to do to turn yourself around while getting high. I did that for weeks......
    never did anything. 

2. Ok so I will be taking my first t-break very soon. Might even just start today.

I've been smoking every day for over a year now, and never taken a break willingly ever. There's probably only been a 2 day window max that I haven't smoked in the last year. So I'm pretty nervous about it you could say.

Any tips or recommendations on where to start with t-breaks, as far as time? I'm just taking my break for personal reasons, not for Job or whatever else so the time factor is completely up to me I just don't know. I've read about some of you guys taking 6 months or 3 months and things like that. Would it be wise for me to take that long of a break at first? Or would i be better advised to possibly break for a few days or so, smoke, and break again?

Point me in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Oh this is going to suck and be hell. I am going to take a month break from it since I've been wake and bake for who knows how long hahaha

Oh crap..
    Tv shows like its always sunny in phili, the office, and workaholics are gonna keep me busy and going to workout to get these extra pounds off.

It is win-win but still sucks lol
    Ughhhh

Sent from my Microwave using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I honestly like going cold turkey and just stop toking at one point just because I want to prove myself and others that weed is not addictive. First 3 days of t break is always hard for me and I get irritated very easily and gets angry but uhh

Just try to eat healthy, workout, and start watching some series of tv shows to keep yourself busy.

It is good to not get baked time to time just to see things in clear minds hah

Sent from my Microwave using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Been reading the last pages of this th, well I guess my body isn't as sensitive as yours...

I only get crazy dreams which I love, and a slight loss of apetite. But that's about it. It's a voluntary t break so I think 2 weeks will do the trick :)

6. Currently in a rehab drug program called IOP( Intensive outpatient treatment), fucking like 12 hours a week. I meet up with addicts of all flavours( coke, heroin, pills, alcoholics, etc) and talk about " how marijuana affected my life negatively". It's just as well tho, I really do need a t-break. Currently on day 11 of sobriety, and can't wait till that test on July 17! Quick question However you think I should definitely pass the test? I'll be 26 days clean on the test and I'm 5'10 and like 125. Super skinny I know I have a crazy fast metabolism

7. I'm on a break right now, probably the first real break in about 3 years of smoking daily.

I had the realization that if I wanna change my life for the better, like getting a better paying job and benefits than I am going to have to stop smoking for at least 3 months before my system is clean.

I'm on day five, it's breezy. I still have an ounce in my room but that'll just sit there til I'm ready for it. Being a holiday I figure it might be a little tough to not just give in but oh well it's all just mental dependence.

I do have this weird feeling that when I start putting in applications and sending my resume out that I won't even be asked to take a piss, but it'll be worth the wait either way.

8. Stopped smoking early last month want to take a year long break

9. In the unofficial last full week of month 2 its still hard but I adapt some days really realizing a lot of shit and reality is just ugly been depressed mostly

10. Going on a one week vacation next week going to just enjoy the beach and come back and get super blazed

11. ahh the good ole t-break thread. I haven't been on a break in months. I'm about 5 or 6 days in right now. I'm trying to exercise/detox as hard as I can incase I have an interview for a potential job that came outta nowhere. I'm hoping I can buy a little more time.

A nice break is always refreshing.

12. In month 3 still difficult but I manage some days I guess I'm enjoying life more but at the same time ugly reality has set in. About a couple days ago I discovered a dark web marketplace on the tor network that strictly sells weed so it hasn't helped much since I discovered it. But I'm still sticking to cold turkey this might be the last time in a while that I'll post in this thread gonna stop counting days and months to make things much easier

13. #3753 atl2006, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    Stopped smoking 40 days today, I got tired of the high i guess and wanted to take a break for a while to clear my head.
    Going to be smoking again this weekend, but every break reminds me that i love being sober just as much as i love being high and when i find my balance between the two its perfect.
    I always take a break every 2 to 3 months, when I start smoking everyday I usually know it's time to take a break. You shouldn't need any substance everyday, I don't like having to have something so I thinks that's what makes it easier for me to just quit for a month or 3.

14. Mine ends tomorrow.
    Im probably gonna end up going on a 8 month break. My job is seasonal, and my last day is in a week or two. Idk how ill get money after that
    Finding a new job is tough for me, cuz im disabled, so most places wont even consider me. I also have school, so I can only work so much. I got a good quat in my room, and I can strech that through at least month if I only smoke weekends. Itll be tough though

15. Smoked my last joint last night,
    Gonna take a little break primarily cause of money..
    Kinda hard to look at my budding plants in my closet lol .. 
    Stay strong all. Weed is just awesome, being sober is awesome also.  :yummy:

16. 103 days strong satisfying difference from 37 days ago the worse of the break is over its getting easier

17. #3757 GangaGoggles42, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    I'm on the 2nd week of my 6 month break gonna be a long ass time

18. #3758 andy85258, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    Just started my t break yesterday. Figured i should since i killed off a 40 sack in 2 days when i used to be able to make something like that last at least a week. Sleepings a bit harder, though it always has been for me. Dosent help that theres always some  noise or light around me when i sleep. Guess ill see how this goes.  The true irony here is that i tend to post on this site alot more when im sober as opposed to not lol.

19. I am on day 3 of a 5 day involuntary t-break. I had to lower my weed bill and it sucks. I am in a place now that does not permit growing. I am tempted to window grow in spring, but i would need 15 plants to support my habit.

I am a dick and a lot of people have me on thier ignore list. 

20. I'm currently on what's probably been the longest break since I began smoking regularly. It's been about a month now. I had to stop for a potential job (which I got). Woooo horray for getting out of retail in time for the Christmas season b

Funny thing is I don't even think I'm going to be tested at all. I've already been cleared to come in for my first day in two weeks since I passed a background check. However, I'm going to wait it out until I'm officially a couple weeks into the job.

A t-break can be quite refreshing anyway. First two days suck if you're a regular smoker but it's smooth sailing thereafter.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum