Official start of Flowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KouchLoch, Feb 2, 2013.

1. I'm new to indoor growing and I'm just wondering how you count the flowering weeks. I've flipped my girls to 12/12 and I haven't seen any buds yet. I'm just trying to get a gauge on when I can expect to harvest.

Thanks in advance for your input!

:bongin:

2. i start counting the weeks when i see more then one or two white hairs. the first signs of flowering it can take as long as two weeks to get to this point so be patience:wave:

3. Pistil onset.

4. I count from the day I flip, but it doesn't matter that much because they are done when the trichomes say they are done and not when a certain amount of weeks have passed.

5. I start counting when i see pistils. Like above poster states, they are done when they are done, but if you want to truly document and learn a particular strain/pheno's tendencies for planning purposes (ie. perpetual systems), consistency is key. And the only really consistent way to count flower time is pistil onset. If you have 2 plants, same strain, and flip to 12/12 when one of them is 3 weeks old, and the other is 4 weeks old, the 3 week old plant will likely show pistils anywhere from 5-9 days later then the 4 week plant as it may not be fully mature and will need an extra week to induce flowering.

If you take this example and start counting at flip to 12/12, you will get flower times that vary by a fair margin. If you start counting when you see pistils, this is a far more consistent and comparable IMO.

6. ^this.

Keep track of everything anyway, note preflowers, start of 12/12, start of flower, beginning and end of stretch, etc. It's fun to compare different grows, mediums, strains, lights, and all that.