Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Fuck A-rod. Dude is a scumbag and can fuck off. Disgrace to the Yankee name.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Feel really bad for Prince Fielder.

S'co Yankees we need this one

• Like Like x 1
  3. So tired of watching David Robertson blow save night after night. Should have traded this guy and James Shields before the deadline. I feel terrible for Chris Sale and Jose Quintana, I can't believe how many times he has fucked up their great starts. White Sox have never had and never will have pitchers with the talent they have and their dumbass management doesn't know what the hell to do with them

If he had more home runs I'd respek. I loved watching Mcgwire and Sammy Sosa growing up

4. I don't like Alex Rodriguez in the least, but in regards to him being a "disgrace to the Yankee name:" Nahhhhhh. Yankees had Pettitte and Clemens, both steroid and HGH users.

Kevin Brown, steroid user.
    Jason Giambi, admitted steroid user.
    Mike Stanton and Ron Villone, longtime relievers, steroid users.
    Jason Grimsley and Denny Neagle, on the 2000 championship team, steroid and HGH users.
    Chuck Knoblauch took HGH.
    David Justice bought steroids after the 2000 World Series.
    Jose Canseco, DH for the 2000 championship team, literally wrote the book on steroid use.
    Mickey Mantle tried steroid/amphetamine combos in 1961.
    Babe Ruth injected sheep testicle extract into himself to enhance performance.

Yankees 2000 championship team reads like a miniature Mitchell Report: Clemens, Pettitte, Knoblauch, Grimsley, Neagle, Stanton, Justice, Canseco, Jim Leyritz.

Also, wouldn't have that 2009 championship over my Phils if it wasn't for ARod (and also Matsui). I wish you didn't have it, because Chase Utley would be in baseball immortality for his WS theatrics that year, but it didn't pan out that way because ARod hit .432/.553/1.027 (OPS of 1.580) that postseason. That's after you account for him hitting .250 in the World Series -- Phils pitching staff neutralized him and he still had six RBI in the 09 Series. Frankly, the only postseason performances I've seen that were better start-to-finish were Troy Glaus and Barry Bonds in the 2002 World Series.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yanks do what Yanks do. $$$

Let's go Twins! (lol) Hoping we can win 16 more games this season to avoid a beyond-dismal 100 loss season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Guess this is pretty much my last chance to say goodbye to my 2008 World Fucking Champion Philadelphia Phillies.

Rollins went to LAD, then CHW, out of the league.
    Utley went to LAD.
    Blanton went to KC, then LAD.
    Hamels went to TEX.
    Now Chooch has been shipped to LAD for AJ Ellis.

Ryan Howard is the only member of the 2008 championship team still with the club.

Goddamn I miss that team. 2008 was euphoric, 2009 felt like a couple swings away from back-to-back titles. Hurts to say goodbye...here's hoping the Dodgers make it deep into the NL playoffs. Hoping for LAD-CHC in the NLCS, KC-TEX in the ALCS.

7. havent we given the Dodgers enough?

fuck.

I really don't know who's cooler... Chooch or Utley

I do know they are a couple of legends of October. Thats a concrete cold fact. and they are Phillies for life

• Like Like x 1
  8. I see we have a lot of Phillies fans?? Funny my team the Mets did pretty well in their last series. And almost swept the marlins this week. Only nl East team they have trouble with is the nats, but who doesn't. Hopefully they can take one or two games from em this weekend! Keeping my eyes on the postseason!!

9. P.S. Still haven't forgiven Utley for his little stunt last year

10. Yankees are scratching and clawing right now, man

11. That "little stunt" was happening for a century before Utley, including ones far, far more egregious than his, and it didn't change the fact that the Mets went to the WS anyway. I find it a little unfortunate that MLB legislates aggressive play from the game; I understand the reasoning (same with the Buster Posey rule), but don't fully agree with it.

Mets looking like the WC team to beat tho. Giants offense is nonexistent. Cardinals could still pull some STL evil magic, but I'm impressed at how the Mets have continued to fight despite losing significant chunks of time from most of their starting rotation and every single position on the field.

That said, I'm tryna see the Dodgers make the World Series because 1) Vin Scully, 2) I want to hear Vin Scully call the World Series, 3) Plenty of former Phillies, 4) Clayton Kershaw.

12. #18932 HT, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Vin Scully really is the best

This coming from a Phillies fan

Never mind. Harry I'm so sorry. Harry Kalas got me into baseball, along with Jim Thome turning us back into a great team. It was a great combination....

I miss my GC dude Philly who's titty-Hulk avatar I see every time I go into this section. Where ya at bro

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dave Roberts pulled Rich Hill seven innings into a perfect game. First time that's happened, ever.

Fuck you, Dave Roberts. The fuck are you doing?!

14. RIP Jose Fernandez..

Couldn't believe the news when I read it. One of the best young stars in the game.

15. He was an All-Star at twenty years old.
    He was a top-5 pitcher in the game at twenty-four.
    No one played the game with more exuberance and fun than Jose Fernandez.
    I was looking forward to watching his Hall of Fame career develop, as I watched him since the moment he was called up by the Marlins. Now, all we have are the memories we once took for granted.

Absolutely heartbreaking. RIP Jose.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dee Gordon goes yard for the first time this season after wearing Jose's helmet.

Super emotional. All the Marlins are wearing Jose's jersey tonight. #16 will never be worn again after tonight.

17. Vin Scully says goodbye for one last time.

really wasn't ready for him to retire. bless this man's heart.

18. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING BUCK SHOWALTER?!? Leaving the best closer in baseball this season, the guy who set a single-season record for lowest ERA, the guy with the ERA of 0.06 since July, on the bench in a one-game playoff in extra innings in the bottom of the inning with the game-winning run in scoring position in favor of a starter who has been erratic at best with a heavy fly-ball profile.

YOU GO BUCK YOURSELF

19. Let's go cubies :D

20. the Rangers choked

• Like Like x 1