Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Official Cannabis Tea Recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by wizkhalifa1, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Hey Grasscity, I was on a mission to make the best drink possible with cannabis and I may have stumbled upon a winner. This new recipe is a more traditional approach to making edibles, namely weed tea. While my old recipe was good for quick baking, it faltered because it wasted a great deal of herb in the process. This new recipe isn't hard at all and a great alternative to smoking to enjoy all the benefits of cannabis.

Helpful hints
    Use a glass or ceramic teapot (not metal)

Use 1 tsp of ground herb per cup of water

Directions
    -Place the desired amount of cannabis in the teapot
    -Pour in boiling water
    -Add a tsp of butter per cup of water to ensure THC absorption
    -Cover and let steep for 10-15 mins

Also, for taste add sugar and/or a teabag of Tazo tea or your tea of choice. :cool:

Enjoy!

2. This rly work bro?

3. Yes it does. Thats why I posted it lol

4. I love tea and drinking tea in general. But for the sake of time would it be better for me to just pack a bowl instead of making tea?
    I really want to try this tea recipie and I want to know how high I would get with putting in 1g of mids

5. #5 BadKittySmiles, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    It will take a minimum of 2-3 hours processing, before the THC begins to bond with the oils efficiently. At the very least, if you don't mind wasting the better portion of your herb, take an hour.
    Even eating the herb at the end of a short process time, you won't get much out of it, it passes almost entirely through your system and can't be absorbed without prolonged heated contact with oils, it's easily over a 90% waste.

If you think you're getting an effect off a 15 minute process time, just imagine the effect you would get if you processed it correctly.

The best way to make weed tea, or P(h)ot Chocolate, is to make a proper, traditional batch of butter or oil first, then spoon the quantity you need for the desired effect into your beverage of choice.

There are a lot of brilliant recipes which people share here every year, and very few of them make it into the 'sticky' category, which I know you're aiming for.

Below, is the -the first page of about 8 pages in a photo edible tutorial- and it's the presentation and style of recipe you're competing with, but this recipe is just part of a grow journal where I share my personal recipes, and it isn't even sticky-worthy.
    There are already guides on making butter and oil for teas, cocoa and other edibles.

------------

How to Make Canna Oil / Butter
    w/ a potent, 'Frosted Brownie' recipe included.

You will need...

For the Oil:

- 3+ oz of bud or trim

for the oil here, I used a total of 6 oz mixed bud and leaf trim

- 2/3 cup of a high fat content dairy butter

- 1/3 cup of Lard

- 1/3 cup of Crisco, both the solid and liquid are fine

- 3/4 cup Water

- electric grinder or blender

- potato masher

- double boiler pot

or two pots, one larger with a small amount of water that the smaller pot rests inside

- cheese cloth

- a large bowl, dish or 4 cup measuring cup

For the Brownies:

- store made boxed Brownie Mix
    I use Ghirardelli, it holds a lot of oil w/out much tampering

- 1/4 c cocoa powder
    I use this to hold the excess oil instead of thinning the recipe out with just flower

- 2 eggs
    the recipe calls for one, but two will taste and come out better with the alterations

- 1/3 c sugar
    so the added cocoa isn't too bitter

- 1/3 - 1/2 c Oily Hash Water
    this is for those of us using larger quantities of canna, otherwise use plain water.

- and, of course, 3/4 c of your Canna Oil

Frosting:

- 3/4 c Cocoa Powder

- 2/3 c Canna Oil

- 3 c Powder Sugar

- 3 Tbsp light cream

The first photos are the canna materials and ingredients used.

To make the oil, it's important that you blend your material as fine as possible, without reducing the leaf matter itself to a powder. The grinder photos show the material before, and how it should look after grinding.

What you want, ideally, is to separate as much glandular material from the leaf and bud as possible before you even begin extracting it into your oil. When you've done it just right, you'll have particles of leaf and bud slightly larger and easily visible, and a glandular powder that was broken up from both the inside and off the outside of your leaf and bud.

This will make it immediately and more readily available to the oil, than trying to extract it from within more solid pieces.

I store my leaf material in the freezer when I can, having it cold and dry makes the glands brittle so they snap easily away from the bud and leaf.

In the last photos you can see how the kief/glands build up on the blades of the grinder. I wipe these off towards the end and drop them directly into the oil. \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\tAttached Thumbnails \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For the rest of this recipe, please click here http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...nal-two-weeks-into-12-12-a-7.html#post8005694

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit - It's a little tedious, but we don't make the process a pain in the ass for fun you know. The reason we process our edibles this way and to this degree, is because it's been tested, and re-tested, over decades and decades, and it works.
    If it was really possible to just pop it on the stove and have it be done in 15 minutes, we'd all be doing it :)

6. Thanks BadKitty for the Awesome post :D
    But, I already tried it yesterday and currently sippin on another.

I had quite the experience.
    What worked for me was this:
    I boiled 4 cups *approx of water in a tea kettle.
    I took the 1 tspoon of butter to 1 cup ratio
    and I put a lipton tea bag in.
    I roughly took out .5 of reg and put it in a metal strainer type thing for herbal teas
    I put in sugar for taste and let it sit with a metal cover for 10 minutes.
    I added 1 piece of ice, and stirred until the ice melted.
    Then I enjoyed the tea.

What I didn't really think about was that it was gonna take 2 hrs and I had swim practice.
    Surely enough, during practice I had the effects flood me.
    It hit me VERY hard, and I could tell when the high set in. It lasted 3 hours, and I enjoyed every second.
    I probably looked like I needed to be saved in the water though

Its a good alternative for when you have to wake up for class and instead of takin a toke, brew some tea and enjoy the high later.

I'm going to try your method that you posted when I'm going to make brownies for a party thats comin up soon.
    I wouldnt mind reading through the whole thing so if you could Pm me the link to the tutorial or just post it here that would be sick

7. I dont mind the threadjack :D
    My recipes are quick and mainly for people who have regs and dont want to smoke it because it is too harsh. For people who HAVE time consult other avenues of edibles such as the brownies