Off to smooth start....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crocodile, Apr 2, 2002.

1. The wife and i decided to try growing some of our own plants. so far I guess their doing pretty well, I just have a couple of quick questions? First off..they are about six inches "HIGH"at the moment with good leaves my (first question) should they be trimmed or clipped or just left to take their own course?(second question) should they be kept in a really warm environment?... we just have them in front of the window during the day to get some sunlight which brings me to my(third queastion) how much light to they require to yeild a nice crop and how long should they be exposed to light and how long should they for lack of a better word "SLEEP". And last but not least(fourth question) what's the best lighting situation for the term of their growth, ultraviolet?....standard bulb?. If someone could help us we would sure appreciate it. Thanx Crocodile... WE LOVE WEED!!

2. They don't need to be topped until they reach the sixth to seventh growth node, i.e. 6 or 7 sets of leaves fully developed.

#1 opinions differ on topping, some do some don't. It helps the yield but slows down the growth cycle.

#2 They can grow outside if the weather is not freezing

#3 They need at least a few weeks of 18 hous of light with 6 in blackness and then follow that up with 12 on/12 off

#4 Metal halide, high pressure sodium, or fluoroescent

3. thx BPP. How long before they flower, how long should they flower before you harvest? My room they are in is a standard size bedroom... 10'by12' what is the best size lighting for a space this size.? How do you ensure that your THC in the plants will provide a sufficient buzz, or can you? And last but not least how does one tell the difference between the male and female plant. Clones only come from females is this correct? thanx again for your help happy growing everybody:) P.S. how does one make a clone?

4. Growing inside, you should see them blooming in a month, month and half before you can tell the difference.

10 x 12 room, If its full of plants go with a 1000 watter, if just acouple of plants try a 400 watt

No way to tell the THC count. Its genetic. you can go to some big fancy seed producers and they have THC % of their strains, but they will inflate them to make their strains seem more potent.

Females have long white hairs that collect the pollen. Males have little dangling flowers that look like testicles or small clustersof grapes that release the whitish yellow pollen.

You can clone off any plant but it only makes sense to clone ofrom a defined female to ensure that the offspring will be female.

You clone by taking a cutting from the plant, dipping the end in a rooting hormone and then keeping it in water and high humidity to ensure that new roots grow from the cutting.

5. thx big fella you've been a great help.talk again soon..... Crocodile.

6. just wanted to add....

When choosing how much light for indoor grow.....go with 35-50w per square foot.

You may desire using a light mover as well..

[​IMG]

7. .

Attached Files:

8. OUT HERE IN THE MIDWEST IT'S STILL VERY COLD
    PLANING TO GROW OUT DOORS FREE LIGHT.

WHEN WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO START HACHING SEEDLINGS?

IS THERE A SOIL MAKE UP i SHOULD THINK ABOUT, I
    WAS PLANING TO HIDE THEM IN BETWEEN MY ROSES
    CAN I USE THE SAME PLANT FOOD FOR MY ROSES WITH THESE NEW FRIENDS?

9. It must be so cold its got your caps lock button frozen.

hatch them indoors now and buy rthe time they will be ready to transplant, it'll be warm enough outside.

They are going to grow bigger and bushier than you roses. Try Schultz brand fertilizer instead of the rose ferts. or use tomato ferts if you've got those handy if you don't want to buy any ferts now. If you can grow roses, these plants will seem like a snap.

10. big poppa puff,

yep it is that COLD sorry didn't even realize it .

again thanks for the advise

keep ya all posted on the out come.

it's FN snowing here.