odor question

Discussion in 'Security' started by lennyjr358, Dec 14, 2012.

1. #1 lennyjr358, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    alright, i'm setting up my future grow space, and have come across a bit of a problem. I want to use the agromax digital cooling controller (http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-AgroMax-Digital-Cooling-Controller.asp) to keep my temps at the right place. i plan on using an air cooled hood for a 400 or 600 watt hps and will have that on it's own fan running at all times the light is on.

The controller would be put on my exhaust fan with a carbon filter and passive intake. simple enough.

Here's the problem...assuming the fan will only come on when my temps are too high, how do i keep the smell from escaping through my passive intake holes when it's off?

2. It would be better to get a speed controler casuse to keep the smell controled your gonna have to run the fan 24/7 just use the speed controler to turn it down to the speed you need.

3. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of that too. I was just worried that if i wasn't around for a hot day and the fan was turned down it would get too hot in there. I just want to be able to keep my cab at a steady temp. if i go the speed controller route do you know any ways to make sure my temps stay within the right range at all times? I was thinking of an a/c but considering it's not a big cab that seems overkill.

4. If you have the the tent in a climate controled room it should regulate itself.

5. So i guess i'll pick up that unit and use it on a small window a/c in the room in the summer and just set it to turn on at the temp i want.