Odor eliminating CFL's?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mango_toker, Feb 24, 2006.

1. I was reading around on the web and saw these new CFL's that say they use negative ions generated from the bulb to eliminate airborne odors. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about these or tryed them. I am curious whether or not they will harm plants if used. Thanks for any input.

2. I havent heard of them but i think that, if they work, they will not hurt the plants. Growers put negative ionizers in there grow rooms to eliminate odors. Just try it out.

3. i read on OG some levels and stuff for an ozonator. i don't remember if the same rules apply to ionizers, but i know that you can overdo it with the ozonator, so just be careful.

4. OK thanks a lot I guess i'll just try it out for a week and see what happens.

5. ionizers will get dust and stuff out of the air, but don't seem to do a heck of a lot for odor control. An ozone generator will eliminate odors, but it's real easy to build up a dangerous level of ozone. Carbon filters or ONA will do the trick.

6. ONA is the shit. As long as you can stand the smell of the ONA itself. But, it definately gets rid of the flowering smell.

7. Were did you find these CFL's?

8. I found them at 100bulbs . com under the CFL's