odor control

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bluntz_fa_sho, Apr 14, 2009.

1. so ive been trying to get all the information together before i start growing and i was wondering about odor control. i don't really have a whole lot of money that i can dedicate towards it so expensive things are outta the question. i was planning on doing a cabinet grow inside of a little room in my closet of about two or three plants tops. the only problem is i live with 3 other people (in a house, we all have our own rooms) and they cant find out about it. what would be the best way to mask the smell? ive read some places that people get a few glade plug-ins and some scented candles. would that really mask the smell efficiently? what are some other things i could do to help mask the smell? thanks in advance:hello:

2. Search for DIY Carbon Scrubber.

3. thanks, sounds good, ill be sure to check it out. anyone know how effective multiple glade plug ins or some strategy of the sort would be effective?

4. That will only mask the odor, creating a vanilla (assuming you are a vanilla glad type of guy) / Weed smell. Scrubbers actually clean the air not masking it.

5. #5 snax4daze, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    don't go the glad route instead go with an ona block (air neutralizer) it's about $10. it works better and last longer with the stronger danker smelling strains. HIDHut recently had an inexpensive carbon filter (by can-filter) with flange and you should be able to find an equally inexpensive inline fan....

my experience is based on being an RA (residential assistant) during college and having students think they could mask the smell of a cab in the dorm with dryer sheets, glade/store air freshners, etc.

6. Yah Id have to agree. Scrubbers work really well. Ive actually used a product called ONA(odour neutralizing agent). It comes in gel , aerosol and pads as far as i know. Its relatively cheap and works well.

7. sweet, thanks for the tips, +rep for all!:D

8. i have 2 plants flowering right now and i use a homemade carbon scrubber.... it works. just not as well as id like it to.

i bought 2 air freshners for my room, the ones that plug into the wall and disperse a scent every so often....

now my room smells good.
    it would smel even better if i could let my plants stink up my room, but thats not a good idea, hhah