Odor Control for a Stealth mini fridge Grow Box?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by bigdahhwg, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Hey guys,
    There are many threads on here that talk about odor control, but none are super specific. I have a 4.6 sqft mini fridge. with a small DWC hydro set up. You can see pictures in my grow journal.
    There is exhaust and intake in the fridge. The problem Im having is odor already... I mean its not terrible, but if your familiar to weed and you walk into my apartment, you know somethings up. Its not horrible, it would be like you had a nug just sitting on your dresser or something.The thing is, theyre are both very small, and are almost a month into veg. They still have about 3 weeks of vegging to go, and then another 7 of flowering! I need something that will COMPLETELY snuff out the smell. I mean you walk into my apartment, during the 7th week of flowering and you dont smell a thing inside. Money is not really an option. I mean I dont want to go buy some giagantic ass carbon filter set up, but Im not opposed to tiny ones. Like I said, its a mini fridge. not a big fridge.

I can add another vent by the top, so there would be two exhaust, place a simple sheet of carbon filtering directly behind both fans, run flexible insulated hose from both exhaust outake holes, merge them together, and attach a home made carbon filter to the end? Thats what Im looking at doing atm... But Idk if that will be enough. There is a perfect seal on the fridge door. The only air that comes out of the fridge comes out of the exhaust.
    Let me know if yall have any ideas . I was also thinking about purchasing either a humidifier (because water iodizes smell?) or even an ozone machine ( one of the small "relatively cheap" ones. My apartment is about 580 Sq Ft. The reason I need the smell not there at all is because the apartment manager shows my apartment occasionally for potential renters.
    I know it sounds risky, haha.. They dont snoop around, they just walk in, walk out, the whole thing lasts maybe a minute or so. And Id say theres about 1-2 a month thats all. I just need to Completely destroy the smell.
    (youd get from like a fish store or something)

2. I have the same problem maybe a 2 foot tall but very long place for my plants to grow and I will need an odor solution.

I hear for any holes, if you put drier sheets over them it helps reduce the smell so maybe attempt that.

3. I would say... you are right on track.
    exhaust fans directed to a carbon filter is the way to go, but make sure your fans are powerful enough to keep the temps down!!! I also had to make my setup with an active intake (just with a little cpu fan), putting a fan on it to ensure NO SMELL would leak out. Also have heard great things about ONA in the same room as grow, just keep it out of the box soo your weed don't smell or taste funky. If anything, I've heard the smell is overpowering, which in your case would be fine... having the place smell nice for potential renters is a good excuse ;)

4. Very nice very nice... As soon as I get back from vacation I know what must be done. Heres something that might hinder that plan though. The exhaust fans are basic 120mm CPU fans. Theyre pretty big, but idk... Two pulling air out? Will that be enough? I've also seen stuff about ONA, I just dont know what it is or where to get it. If this place smells super strong of like a clean smell such as pinesol or w/e . Thats absolutely fine ! :) I appreciate the input guys!

5. No problem man! But I read the drier sheet thing on grasscity and then one time when I was smoking with my friend inside we blew into a drier sheet and it made it not smell as smokey.