Odor Control during flowering, what to use.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by can-a-bliss, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Besides a carbon scrubber and ozone generators which smell like ass whats a good item to use to help with odor problems? I heard of something called Ona but I want to hear what really works for people.

2. I'm not there yet so I can't say from experience, but I've heard from others here at GC who have used holmes style air purifiers with success. griswold46 used one and replaced the filter it came with, with his own diy cloth pouch of activated carbon. He said it worked great. If you search you can probably find the thread where he shows pics of what he did. Also they only cost like 50 bucks or so (and are sold at walmart), so if you don't fancy making yourself a carbon scrubber for whatever reason, that's pretty cost effective.

I'll do either that or make a diy carbon scrubber when I'm closer to flowering (and when I have some money haha).

3. Yea I got a carbon filter to attach to the inline fan, but the problem is the temp in there avg is like 80 degrees. I'm afraid if I use it, it might clog up and not circulate the air. Also I used it last time and it worked amazingly but i think it sucked up all the terpenes from my plant because it didn't smell very much during flowering and after harvest.

4. http://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=52544. A friend uses this and it works great. Get a can fan thats high output moving like 443 cfm you should be fine.

5. u can get this gel stuff at ur local grow shop, it sucks up odor it works well. forget what its called. it has a pic of a skunk on the jar in my town