Odds on who will win the next election?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tbone Shuffle, Jul 16, 2019.

1. I say, AND HOPE, it will be anyone but Trump.....I know of ALOT of people who didn't vote in 2016....including myself...because they didn't HONESTLY think Trump would get elected...it was literally a joke....and he ended up winning!! So, in 2020 I see ALOT of people who didnt show up in 2016 rushing to the polls to elect anyone but him again. Just the way I see it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't get why anybody thinks it makes much difference which side wins. The only people benefiting from national election competitions are the stockholders and management of companies supporting the candidates.

Politics is just an economic enabler. What sectors of the economy benefit or suffer under governance policies makes absolutely no long-term big-picture difference to anyone except "maybe" certain special interests representing tiny fractions of the electorate.

But they sure do get loud and vocal enough to grab people's attention. That's why I'm a Trump-voting liberal. The end result of this nonsense is very little gets done. That works for me, because IMHO most of what gets done in Washington DC just makes things worse for EVERYBODY.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. And what do we have on the other side?

1. Build wall
    2. Democrats bad
    3. ...

So far I haven't seen any reason why one is better than the other. The only answer I got regarding Trump's affect on anyone's life was a little savings on tax ..

Outside of personal likes and dislikes whoever is the president doesn't have much effect on anyone.

I'd like to see a president who can actually get something significant done, but that's simply not going to happen.

Next best thing is someone who is not a moron and can complete a sentence or has some understanding of politics.

Having a clueless, senile, failed marketing guy as a president didn't really produce any results ... Not that much was expected.

4. Been using EC for over a hundred years with no problem.
    Suddenly now it's unfair because Trump won?

GTFO! :roflmao:

• Like Like x 5
  5. 5 presidents elected without winning the popular vote, they are: John Quincy Adams who lost by 44,804 votes to Andrew Jackson in 1824
    Rutherford B. Hayes who lost by 264,292 votes to Samuel J. Tilden in 1876
    Benjamin Harrison who lost by 95,713 votes to Grover Cleveland in 1888
    Gore v Bush
    tRump v Clinton.

Its been screwed up for over a century, and a half.

Howd it go for the Natives when Andrew Jackson got elected without popular vote???

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. And when it comes to the racial BS, which seems to be the big hot-button these days, I would just ask any member of the oppressed minorities one simple question: Are you getting tired of being part of a special-interest group? We don't need that shyt. What we need is equality for all. Gender BS? It's time for the ERA. Nobody needs any protection from anything, or special consideration for anything when everyone is treated equally. Period. That's a conservative hallmark right there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. And as soon as that happens.....Im sure we will look into, and eventually do away, with it.

8. And if Clinton were president now would you be all worked up over EC?

• Like Like x 3
  9. #109 Acewiza, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    The fact is, the vast majority of the population IS acting in the way I call for. The problem is, small vocal minorities on BOTH SIDES are stoking residual smoldering resentment for personal and/or political gain. Equality for all will only happen over a long period of time as the bigots die off and their offspring become further distanced from it after successive generations.

You can't change people's deeply ingrained beliefs. Legislating against those liabilities doesn't change anything. It's been done. Now what? You get national news coverage because some dickhead won't bake a fucking cake. It's goddamn ridiculous.

In the meantime, suck it up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Yes, EC is anti democracy. You shouldn't count someone's vote as 1/2 or 1/4 of a person, just because they happen to live in a more populated state.

It has been a source of debate and controversy for quite a while now.

It does exactly what it was supposed to prevent. It gives too much power to a handful of states.

1 voter = 1 vote

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Yes, I would still say the same if Clinton got elected.

• Like Like x 1
  12. America isn’t a democracy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. The government of the United States of America is a constitutional federal republic. It functions as a democracy and a republic because citizens elect individuals to represent them, and a majority vote determines laws.

Which actually is not true of the Presidential Election, where EC rules.

The vote for president, should be the same as for the House, and Senate.

The Mojority of the USA, does not like tRump, and also at 51% consider him a Racist. 46% dont. Well within any kind of margin for error.

And dont say polls lie, because Hilly, did win the popular vote, and a total vote poll, will not predict the EC college win. tRump LOST the popular vote, and no way in hell, will he win it this time.
    Blak vote was only 59% last presidential election, when previously in 2008, 2012 they showed up at 65%+

If 6%-7% more blacks show up at the polls this time, like in previous years, as they are indicating they are highly motivated to do so, will beat tRump by a landslide. That's why tRump, and cohorts are trying to suppress minority votes. They know they've had it in 2020.

The Senate is also up for grabs, just like the House was. Many Rs are retiring, and are quoted as saying they did not sign up for this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. LMAO.....JUST passed a bumper sticker that said.....any functioning adult for 2020.....geez lets HOPE SO

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. #115 Deleted member 638051, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2019
    Yet, you are a fan of polls, where not everyone is polled, but adamantly used to portray (sway) public opinion by opinion pushers.
    One person does not = one poll number.

So how else would you prevent Silicon Valley and NYC from lording over the rest of the entire country? Or is that your aim?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Had Clinton been elected, this would not be discussion right now.
    And you know it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Everyone doesn't have to be Polled to get a grasp of what the climate is. Theres also a thing called margin of error that takes "Error" into account.

I said, 1 vote does not equal 1 vote, or Majority would rule in the Presidential Election, which it DOES NOT DO. Hilly won by how many MILLIONS of Votes??

Think about. 2,000,000 million people got overruled by the Unfair EC. 2,000,000 of your fellow americans had their votes nullified by an archane law, that should have never even been created in the first place.

And WHY DO ALL OF THESE PLACES EXIST THAT tRump calls places where NOBODY would want to live??

Its historical fact the ruling white majority relegated the black people to the worst places possible to live.. Cut off from clean water, food, doctors. Many places in Baltimore are still cut off from nutritious food/grocery stores, doctors.
    Integration only happened 45 years ago. Barely a generation, and the cops, are still targeting them, shooting them at much higher rates than any other race, yet are only around 10% of the population.

It took the majority whites 100 years to include blacks in public schools. 100 years a fkn century, even after they were freed. They were still put in shitholes, and made to live.

Ever have to live in a place where you have to constantly worry about a stray bullet coming through the window, and killing either your kids, or you/husband/wife?? Sleep in a bathtub at night so its protection against stray bullets??? It will give you PTSD, and many of these people living in these places have PTSD.

Just like tRumps favorite president did.

Andrew Jasckson.. How many Native American deaths is the mfr responsible for, and is tRump favorite president.

Its curious tRumps favorite president was probably responsible for the largest Genocide, and Relocation of the natives vs anyone else. Trail of Tears. Im sure Jaskson is getting his just punishment.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. You are confusing me with someone else. Never said anything about polls.

Just because someone lives in a particular city doesn't mean they hold the same opinion as every other person from that city.

Perhaps we should do away with herd mentality? ... And maybe use modern approach to democracy, rather than relying on a prehistoric solution, which is not applicable today.

19. Even after the debate last night vegas still has Trump winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Trump will get 35 percent of the black vote and win in a landslide.

• Like Like x 1