Odd smelling buds near harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GreenLivesMatter, May 22, 2020.

1. Hey all. Second harvest is nearing for me and I notice my buds have an odd smell. Kinda green smelling maybe even a slight sour... maybe the smell is from my well water? I think I'm about a week from harvest. Should flushing and curing help the smell if it was my well water? Gonna flush with ro over the next week to 10 days. Have a look and let me know what ya guys think!

2. A picture in natural light would tell more. Considering the orange tint to everything they seem to be fine. I dont flush at all. I doubt it does anything. What strain is that?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Black Cherry OG x Wowzers. These pics are about two weeks ago but in natural light. 20200507_175606.jpg 20200507_175611.jpg

4. So during my flush I figured out the smell. I used chicken manure in my soil and the smell on my buds is exactly that (but weaker) of the pot of soil beneath her. I just flushed with 12 gallons of ro. I added a half tbsp of molasses to the last 2 gallons hoping to sweeten her smell but idk. This may have done more harm than good. Find out in a couple of days. Tried to stay organic for healthy smell, but I guess shit smells bad lol. Keep y'all posted. Any feedback is welcome. These buds are healthy looking as could be but the smell is less than desirable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pics in natural light as of today. 20200522_164154.jpg 20200522_164203.jpg 20200522_164209.jpg 20200522_164217.jpg 20200522_164221.jpg 20200522_164228.jpg 20200522_164154.jpg 20200522_164203.jpg 20200522_164209.jpg 20200522_164217.jpg 20200522_164221.jpg 20200522_164228.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. the stinkiest the better. Especially when it smells like shit. Do you love diet Coke, light mayo, low fat cookies and such? Pungent weed is what YOU want!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Damn dude those look nice

• Like Like x 1
  8. They smell different when their done than when their not. When their not quite done they reek of skunk and when their done the smell becomes sweeter and earthier. From my experience anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. So.... My house caught fire tonight. Its 3am here and I just got settled in for the night at my mom's. Electrical fire... Luckily most of my personal property was not damaged. Caught it early. Thank god I was home. Once they were all done putting out the fire I did an emergency harvest. The ventilation in the tent was off because of the breaker that blew on that which ultimately was the cause of the fire. Did a crappy quick trim on them and once trimming the smell they release is....... Sweet and pungent. These are going to be excellent. I have not pulled any weights yet cuz I dont care about weight until they are dry.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. much better :thumbsup::thumbsup: now she can be seen in all her NATURAL beauty looks good i would not worry about any smell until you dry it and get into a few weeks of cure if it still smells odd after a month in curing jars you either did something wrong through the dry cure period or its poor genetics..

11. What a sad story to hear. I am all with you in this terrible time. Your buds looks fine and frosty and I am happy to hear that you can enjoy the smell now.
    Can you take a few line to described what might have cause the fire since we are all in the same boat trying to grow dank weed as safely as possible?
    thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The house was a rental and not up to code. Outdated wiring. Buss fuses instead of breakers. This is actually quite common. Everything was fine. Had this same setup running the same day for weeks. Yesterday my wife called me at work. Says the fuse blew. Told her to unplug some things and replace the fuse. It blew the new fuse. Instantly. I checked an hour or so later when I got home. Same thing. 4 hours later, smoke.

• Winner Winner x 1

13. damn... thanks for sharing. I will keep this story in my head. Wish you well mate.

14. Sorry to tell you its not 7 days before harvest its more like 3 weeks

15. :lmafoe:
    Did you not read the thread?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Yes did you ? He thinks they will be totally done in 10 days . I said 21 days. So if he flushes now its to early .
    Here you go read it for your self . ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    I think I'm about a week from harvest. Should flushing and curing help the smell if it was my well water? Gonna flush with ro over the next week to 10 days ok i said 7 not 10 big deal

17. It's done. He harvested already. Jokes on you.