Odd situation what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by JEI3US, Mar 12, 2014.

1. sup gc been a while since I've been on GC but I find myself in an awkward situation id like to see what you guys think. Guys and gals. 

So 5 months ago I was living the single life all happy and shit and then I met a girl at my job. She started hitting on me and we started dating. We've been dating for 5 months don't work together anymore. Long story short she told me that she had just ended an 8 year relationship. She got a place with this guy and were living together (before we met). She told me that they agreed to live at the same apartment and split the rent until the lease was up. So basically she still lives with her ex but claims to not be with him. 

After a couple of months of dating she starts to invite me to her apartment to chill, obviously when her ex is working and not around. One day I get to her place and she's arguing on the phone with her ex. Apparently her neighbor told her ex that she was bringing a guy over to the apartment and he flipped out. She was keeping me a secret the entire time obviously. 

This girl is pretty amazing and I like her a lot i might even love her and she seems to really want me but keep in mind she was with this guy for 8 years and we are both under 25 so she was with this guy for almost half her life. 

Recently she has told me that she needed time to clear her head. She is the type of girl that was under appreciated by some ungrateful douchebag but stuck around because we all know girls can be pretty dumb when it comes to relationships. He never once in 8 years that they were together give her a gift on valentines day (she hates valentines day because of it) and she would buy this guy crazy expensive gifts for christmas and birthdays and he wouldn't return the favor. Her ex is obviously a piece of shit whom i would love to punch in the face for being an obsolete human being.

As I'm typing this up I can se how the answer should be pretty clear and it should be that i should just walk away but like I said i kinda love this girl and I'm looking for a reason to keep pursuing her. Anybody go through some shit like this?

2. #2 Nutrition Facts, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014

Weird. this is almost the same scenario I had a couple years back.

I caught the cute girl at work staring at me and got her number. Absolutely adorable. So much in common. Hung out a couple times. We hit it off better than most past girlfriends.

BUT there was a problem. She was living with her boyfriend and they've been going out for 4 years. Luckly, they didn't get along anymore. They never did anything for V-day. She payed his rent, he cheated on her once, slept on the couch, he was sort of a deadbeat on/off shitty jobs. They were basically broken up and she was leaning towards me. Lots of text messages and eventually the situation escalated to making out in the parking lot after work.

but the dude started trying to get her back again and she felt guilty. End of story.

I think there would have been a different outcome if i made a move quicker.

Her friends also sort of sabotaged the whole thing because I wasn't in their circle of friends. If she went out with me it would ruin their dinner parties or something dumb.

I liked that girl a lot, but we never talk anymore. If i see her around I get that "youre supposed to be a secret and we cant talk" vibe

idk. thought id share.

3. ^^\tvery similar dude I'm pretty much her dirty secret because she doesn't want people to know that she's seeing another guy while she was having problems with her bf. I never would have went out with her if she would have just been honest in the first place. I hate drama but Fuck man it always seems to find me. everytime its just too good to be true. Nice guys attract broken hearted women I kid you not.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app