Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Odd question...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by greengirl1515, Oct 23, 2012.

1. So my pipe is filled with resin. If I boil it and then drink the water I boiled it in will I get high? Just random thoughts lol :p

2. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. You'll get high, but... Just don't. :eek:

3. well, since resin is technically decarboxylated... in theory.. yes...

will you digest any of it before you go throw up what is essentially filthy bong water? Well, thats an entirely different question

4. Oh god.

The thought of that makes me want to puke.

Technically, if you could swallow the water without puking and getting over the taste....then I commend you. You'd get high, but dear Lord why subject yourself to that?

I'd rather eat dirt than drink bong water. D:

5. i wouldnt want to find out

6. :yummy: mmm res water, they should market that. But really first I would suggest not smoking res because it is nasty and much worse for your lungs than nugs. However, if you are set on getting that res I would suggest reclaiming it with 91% isopropyl alcohol (no salt!) and then pour that iso into a dish and then evap the iso under a fan until it is all gone (could take a pretty long time like over a day) or you could heat the iso in a well ventilated area (AWAY FROM FLAME! space heater works well) for a less pure product (done in a couple of hourse).

7. [quote name='"ZionLion2"']:yummy: mmm res water, they should market that. But really first I would suggest not smoking res because it is nasty and much worse for your lungs than nugs. However, if you are set on getting that res I would suggest reclaiming it with 91% isopropyl alcohol (no salt!) and then pour that iso into a dish and then evap the iso under a fan until it is all gone (could take a pretty long time like over a day) or you could heat the iso in a well ventilated area (AWAY FROM FLAME! space heater works well) for a less pure product (done in a couple of hourse).[/quote]

Its not less pure when heat is used, it just fucks with the final products taste consistency, though its resin so either way its the bottom of the barrel lol

8. #9 ZionLion2, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
    What do you think those taste inconsistencies are? Heat increases the ability of the iso to solvate the the resins, causing a final product with a greater percentage of residual alcohol. That aside, heating the solution also has the possibility to create oxidative side products like propanoic acid. That being said I usually go with the heating method because none of the products are all that toxic and it is way faster, but it is none the less a more impure product. (for reclaim not res, I never smoke res)

9. [quote name='"ZionLion2"']
    What do you think those taste inconsistencies are? Heat increases the ability of the iso to solvate the the resins, causing a final product with a greater percentage of residual alcohol. That aside, heating the solution also has the possibility to create oxidative side products like propanoic acid. That being said I usually go with the heating method because none of the products are all that toxic and it is way faster, but it is none the less a more impure product. (for reclaim not res, I never smoke res)[/quote]

If you use heat, it will evaporate the iso faster, not leave more behind... that's complete nonsense.

Also, the heat required to do that is more than you should ever use for evaporation lol... I'm taking like 100 degrees here, never over 140, but this is for hash oil, not resin. I don't extract resin, I throw it away lol

I've been making qwiso for years however. Heat doesn't change its purity as long as you aren exceding ridiculous temperatures (using a heating pad for instance, they don't get very hot)

10. Scrape all your resin out and put it into 1gram gel caps lol

11. I agree the oxidation side products are unlikely at the lower temperatures (also not that toxic in the case of iso). But the rest of what I said is true. Thermodynamics my friend. Applied heat increases the enthalpy of the solution , increasing the access of the solvent (iso) to the lattice structure of the resins. If you are able to in this way to reduce the intermalecular van der waals forces you subsequently increase the van der waals forces between the solute and solvent, requiring a greater amount of energy to evaporate a molecule of solvent. google thermodynamics of solvation for a better explanation. But the resins do have relatively weak intramolecular forces so once again there is not a huge difference between the two.

12. Desperate to get high are we?

13. [quote name='"ZionLion2"']
    I agree the oxidation side products are unlikely at the lower temperatures (also not that toxic in the case of iso). But the rest of what I said is true. Thermodynamics my friend. Applied heat increases the enthalpy of the solution , increasing the access of the solvent (iso) to the lattice structure of the resins. If you are able to in this way to reduce the intermalecular van der waals forces you subsequently increase the van der waals forces between the solute and solvent, requiring a greater amount of energy to evaporate a molecule of solvent. google thermodynamics of solvation for a better explanation. But the resins do have relatively weak intramolecular forces so once again there is not a huge difference between the two.[/quote]

The heat also causes the resins to become thinner, and the iso to turn into a gas..... as the oils and resin become more liquid the iso then can escape with the heat. As it will evaporate and the resin will not at those temps

According to you, oil purged in heat has iso in it, where as oil purged in room temp doesn't.

That's not the case, maybe with resin, I don't fuck with resin, as for qwiso. You're more likely to end up with iso trapped inside the oil without heat. In fact, some qwiso when heated, you can see the iso boil out of lol

14. yeah, it will get most of the iso off quickly but when it gets down to the very last bit it increases the attractive forces between the resin or oil and the iso so the very last bit may not come out, but I am talking more about semantics of chemistry because both methods come out pretty much the same because iso is volatile (even more so with butane). Both have trace amount of iso, probably best method would be to heat it and then further dry under fan, but not necessary because it is just trace amounts

15. What now?

Hm, I'd say the question isn't how effective it would be, but if you could stomach it for more than three seconds before you ejected it across the nearest carpet.

16. [quote name='"ZionLion2"']yeah, it will get most of the iso off quickly but when it gets down to the very last bit it increases the attractive forces between the resin or oil and the iso so the very last bit may not come out, but I am talking more about semantics of chemistry because both methods come out pretty much the same because iso is volatile (even more so with butane). Both have trace amount of iso, probably best method would be to heat it and then further dry under fan, but not necessary because it is just trace amounts[/quote]

Ooooh were talking traces haha, you're correct. I thought you meant like dangerous levels hahahahahhaha

17. Try it I DARE YOU