Odd growth on tip of colas, week 8 flowering no pics :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sinister, May 11, 2010.

1. First off I know its so much easier with a picture but I just don't have that option right now..

So I've got a bit of a concern here, I've got like 5 plants on day 53 of flowering and to sum it up, I've got a few colas here and there I had to bend and tie to a horizontal bamboo stick to keep from touching my light.. these colas all have 100% normal buds beneath their colas but the colas themselves are very airy and light bud compared to everywhere else on the plant.

And now this week about 4 random colas, most which were tied down, have now started this weird new growth on the top of the buds, nothing that looks like seeds or anything, but it looks as if the cola's main stem has grown out of the tip of the nug, pointed towards the light, and has slowly started to grow a small amount of new weed around the new growth, but nothing that looks like it will fill out to be anything soon, seeing how they are due to be harvested on the 21st.

Ahh I wish I could give you guys a picture.,, but I've never seen flowering plants do this before, and especially it being so late its got me a bit worried, I have 2 plants of a different strain in there that didn't need to be tied down, and their colas look perfect with no abnormalities..

Any advice would be great, i've spent the last hour looking on all the diff forums and googling stuff... not much info so far. - I am sure this will not hurt my yield overall, I am just really curious what the hells going on!

Soil : fox farms
    Light: t5 432watt
    Nutrients: fox farms major 3 ... have started with only water this weekend.
    Temps: high 80s with lights on, 70s lights off - humidity stays around 30-50%

thanks in advance

2. looks like seeds or anything, but it looks as if the cola's main stem has grown out of the tip of the nug, pointed towards the light, and has slowly started to grow a small amount of new weed around the new growth

That's exactly what happened. I guess your buds are fluffy(ish). What happened was that a stem found a weak spot in the bud and like you said started looking for light. It might even be the spot closest to the lightbulb. It's not a bad thing. The plant is not ruined.

3. that just means the colas are popping new colas in new places.. it will just add weight to your harvest :)

tiny little 1inch colas ontop of your main colas.. no big deal p

4. Right on guys I didn't think it was a big deal or anything, but in my years of growing I can't ever remember it happening..

Yea the colas which are doing it are light and fluffy, but the other colas (different strain) are filled in and not fluffy at all..

Also the colas doing it are like only 2-4 inches from the light.

This helped put my mind at ease tho, thanks.