Oculus Rift

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Pistils, Feb 14, 2018.

1. After much thought, I'm on my way to pick one up at the moment. Anyone else have one? What are the best games available for VR?

2. Enjoy, I wanted to get either an Oculus or Vive but don't have a computer anywhere near powerful enough so ended up opting for the PSVR since I already had a PS4 but so far have been having a lot of fun with it, Batman Arkham VR was short but really cool. Job simulator is a good game to introduce people to vr who have never put a headset on it is a fun stupid game. And Accounting + is super fucking weird and hilarious, I definitely recommend it, it was made by the creators of Rick and Morty

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cool I'll check those out. "Rec room" has been a lot of fun so far.

4. Yeah Rec Room seems fun, I have only played around in that game a little when I first got my headset...Trying to get more comfortable with my movements and everything before I go playing social games. I also didn't realize you could talk to other players when I first started so out of nowhere this British woman starts talking in my ear I was like wtf haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lol yeah.. I had no idea it had a built in mic until I swore when I accidently hit a wall with the controller and someone laughed :(

6. How are you guys enjoying the VR these days? Are you happy with the available content? Content, at least? Lord knows they’re going to have ALOT more variety and of course higher end material out over the upcoming years but I guess my question is: Are you happy with your hardware purchase? How much did you spend?

I’ve got a pretty decent PC I run a lot of Steam games on - high end i5, great video card, 32 gig memory, SSD etc etc - and have been thinking of trying out the VR but would like to get some feedback before I drop (how much?) a mess of cash.

I mean, if it’s loads of fun then in my opinion once you’ve got it, it’s pretty cheap entertainment - although next year the new headsets and controllers will be much bigger and better right - is now a good time to jump in? Would I be disappointed or is it loads of fun? Favorite software/games?

Thanks!

J

7. These are the top 3 VR's and their prices
    HTC Vive- $600- need very good PC
    Oculus Rift- $400- again, need very good PC
    PSVR- on sale for a week or two for $200 I think, but need a PS4 to use it I think.

So far, I'm very happy with the purchase. It's not like buying a console that you play for hours at a time, it's more like up to an hour before you'll likely take it off for a bit, hard to explain but it does get a little bit exhausting to play for a long time.

That being said... If it's something you're on the fence about getting.. do it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have had a PS4 for a while so not going to factor that into my cost. I bought my PSVR headset for $430 a month or so ago (could have saved 80 if I waited for the sale they are doing now but what can ya do) and I have probably spent about 8-10 hours playing so far and can say it is worth it to me. For me, it is about experiencing some of the first quality VR experiences and seeing how they can and will be improved upon.

I was interested in Virtual Reality all the way back when Virtual Boy was a thing, and the impressiveness of the PSVR headset, while not as good as the Oculus or the Vive, is still damn impressive and makes your feel like you are in the game. And I will tell you, Resident Evil 4, is scary as shit in VR. The graphics aren't incredible, and I had to slowly work my way into playing it as I would get a little motion sick at first, but now I can play and I legit have screamed or taken the headset off because I got so freaked out haha. I am also usually a few dabs in by the time I put the headset on.

As far as content, they have enough of variety to keep you interested/busy, I have already bought 3 or 4 games and with price points of like $12 it makes you not feel bad even if it is a short game.

If your PC is already up to specs, I would say look into the Oculus and the Vive but I can say it really is a lot of fun, but if you are prone to motion sickness, try to find a friend who has one or a place demoing it, some people the motion sickness is so bad they can't play at all

• Like Like x 1