October 7th, My new smokin' song, check it out

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by DaBoss, Dec 8, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsskOLIBp7w]YouTube - October 7th (Lyrics in description)[/ame]

Best with headphones peeps...

LYRICS:

still throwed, i been doin me
    you wanna see whats up,then come around and see
    we start with plan b to get ahead of the police

bitch please, me and tommy never switch seats
    duckin moms, pops, and cops with ease
    im in the passenger actin like an animal
    hes in the drivers handlin the manual
    transmisson, the blunts always handswitchin'
    no need to ask me if im throwed, cause i am bitches

roll alot of swishers, my fingers got blisters
    the stash ass so fat, i can hardly lift 'er
    i can hardly picture not bein me
    even with 20/20 you are not seein me
    only out at night, chillin in the shadows
    monopolize the rap game, do not pass go
    whoa, back up, bout blow track the up
    prolly rappin slow cause i double stack cups
    no fussin no fightin got the tussin over sprite
    and once i get to sippin, then i get to writin

all right, I can do it all night
    raw/tight rap lines getcha flatlined
    nap time
    tombstone flow
    naw ya dont know
    you get smoked like a roach when im broke bro

as far as this goes, raps a hobby
    but you still get cut, my hands a hatchet, AXE somebody
    damn, im doper than a gram
    aint no one as throwed as i am

2. is this you?

3. yep...i just wrote it today

4. lyrically it's good but you gotta work on the exicusion.

5. thas just my style..lol

6. just saying bro and that annoying voice that sounds like a migit has to go dude haha

7. haha i put that in there on purpose...i like that shit . Oh well, different strokes for different...people?

8. no love from gc..dayum man

9. I can see that voice working if you dont leave that little bit of a space in between words, see devin the dude, also the beat doesnt suit your voice, a little bit less kick and i dunno another sample would improve but ey not too shabby man

10. I didn't like your voice man... that sounded really harsh but you only get better with criticism.

11. keep the comments comin...someone is bound to like it... Ive never had much love/luck on GC anyway, these people seem to be more wiz khalifa type shit and whatnot and I cant stand that dude, but i appreciate the comments guys, keep em comin

12. Alright man lets put all the nit pickin aside from these guys above me.. that is a song you should be proud of lol I was sittin here by myself jammin to it and you had some sick lines... if I had to criticize one thing it would be doing a version without the little kid voice (just to test it out, i liked it in this version too) or there were a couple of times where one or two more syllables in a line would have made you kill that beat but you just went with the simple line instead...

either way... I need to download this!!! good job!

13. Personally, I'm diggin' it, man:smoke:

That doubled up, two octave voice in the background didn't necessarily bother me, but it did kind of sneak up on me, and not necessarily in the good way.

But you had some dope rhymes and some mean nasty lines, so you definitely score high on my charts. Your syncopation needs to pick up just a little bit since you almost lost me in the first four lines, but you could also mess with the beat maybe a little bit and still keep the same vocal track.

Overall, I'd say this is a solid B-, bro. Good track:hello:

14. thanks for the comments peeps, I got the two-octave voice thingy idea from a z-ro song i thought sounded SOO ill...it was called Letz Ride...I figured id try it out, I like how it turned out tho, kinda gives it a scratchy feel if that makes any sense

15. Maybe chop some samples up in the back?

Or you could look into some glitch stuff and try to incorporate it into your beat (which I think would be sick as fuck).