Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

OCD more noticeable while under the influence of marijuana?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Jun 23, 2012.

1. It occurred to me right after I smoked a bowl that I was just straightening out a tie... This tie is for court in three days and why would I be fixing a tie? xD

I have also noticed I will usually comb my hair and wash myself often while high...

Recently I noticed one of my friends also began combing his hair and fixing himself in the mirror, right after a blunt. It seems that these events are very similar, in which, in my opinion, these characteristics can be classified under OCD.

Has anyone else noticed they do OCD like things when they are high than sober, more often than not?

2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No

3. Well I guess it greatly depends on the individual, I want to see if people who don't normally have OCD get characteristics of it when they're high.

4. It's hard to say.

When I smoke I enjoy showering, shaving, brushing my teeth, and all those things too.
    But I wouldn't say it is at an OCD like level.

OCD is a serious condition where you have "rituals" that you HAVE to do or you just feel strange. For instance, instead of just fixing your tie once, you'd have to do it many times just to feel content.

Obsessions (in the case of OCD at least) are the physical things you do.
    Compulsions are the mental things you go through that can cause the obsessions.

Sometimes I compulsively obsess over things. When I forget a word I will somewhat obsess over remembering it.

I wouldn't say you're OCD, but cannabis just makes some people more analytical, or as has been said before, "Weed make ya' notice shit ya ain't sposedta notice"

5. [quote name='"LovingTree"']

Well I guess it greatly depends on the individual, I want to see if people who don't normally have OCD get characteristics of it when they're high.[/quote]

Are you a cop doing research ?

6. this isn't anything like ocd. frankly i found this offensive. as someone that actually has ocd (not from self diagnosis).... not only do you have NO CLUE what you are talking about, but there is considerable research that it TREATS ocd and related disorders.

some studies are posted on reddit.com/r/mmj4ocd

7. My reaction is much quicker so it makes me aware of my surroundings if that is what you're saying.

8. chill out :smoke:

9. Quite the opposite with me actually

10. I think its more of paranoia. You may not be actually 'paranoid' but you become more self conscious, which leads you to do things to fix whatever you see fit. For example, I was so baked the other day I looked at my teeth and thought they were yellow as fuck so I broke out the white strips, I realized later, which I would have known sober, that it was only the lighting.

11. As someone who has OCD and smokes a decent ammount of weed my personal experience is that OCD symptoms are relatively unchanged when smoking. The obsessions still pop up pretty much as frequently, the compulsions can either be harder or easier to deal with depending on if you get paranoid when you smoke or not.