Occupy wall street

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thaSPACEkadet, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Yea that's retarded, perhaps they are blacking it out because nothing is happening.

So exactly how are these people planning to improve our economy?

2. #3 thaSPACEkadet, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
    Listen I don't have all the answers and I'm not going to pretend I do. I believe it's a protest against the financial institution and corruption in the government.

You know during the French revolution outside forces from surrounding countries tried to come in and put down the revolution because they were afraid the idea's would spread to their countries ruining their monarchies and turning the government upside down.

There's a video out on youtube somewhere and of course I can't find it now but the premise is the media is praising the use of twitter and other social media in the middle east but when a man tried helping protestors by posting where police where and what they were doing during the G20 Summit a swat team busted in the motel door where the poster was staying and arrested him!

Can you believe this scum- [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rbXfelyIoM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

why arent they covering this?

3. Huh..imm gunna look into this..

4. Somebody had to shut that bitch up.

5. Well first amendment rants aside, I still believe it was an unnecessary use of force.

6. At least one on MSNBC ain't happy. Give 'em hell Lawrence. :smoke:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZCysXJqNYg]Occupy Wall Street- MSNBC Reporter SLAMS NYC Police Brutality! ANONYMOUS LOOK! - YouTube[/ame]

7. i hope this brings some change, all though i doubt it will.

Maybe one day

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's retarded that this is getting blacked out...I mean I can understand not showing a fan running onto the field at a ballgame...but these are citizens standing up for our rights....without people standing up for our rights we'd have none. This should be the top story on every channel imo.

• Like Like x 1
  9. i want to see some videos of the citizens beating the shit out of some cops haha

10. they're blacking this out because they don't want the rest of America to see people are finally fighting back.
    One day of this shit on the news would have these protesters multiplying unimaginably. I love it, ill spread this around a bit myself.
    This is what we fucking need. and its better now than later! :hello:

people of the world are fucking sick of all of this corruption.
    Time to stand the fuckkkkkkkk up

11. this.

12. They are blacking this out because the banks and the suits on wall street own the media.

13. We didn't actually see what happened off camera when the guy was taken down, but he definitely wasn't cooperating. However I never saw time for an officer to even tell him he was under arrest, let alone tell him to place his hands behind his back, etc. It does kinda seem like he went straight to the "knee on the throat" technique.

But I'm somewhat understanding. Everyone was trying to fight the cops, they were surrounded, and struggling to control the situation. The last thing they want is to get trampled by an angry mob; that's how people get shot. Better to use force to prevent anything from getting that far.

IMO part of the problem with the Occupy Wall Street protests is they have began protesting anything they don't like. There isn't even a clear goal of the protests, it's just a bunch of people on the street acting unruly.

One thing that is funny; one of the things that has been protested is excessive government spending. I know a guy in NYC who is a cop; he said he's got all kinds of extra overtime hours because of these protests; he said they should stay there protesting forever.

14. Watch the video again. As Lawrence says, most of the abuse is coming from the white shirted cops. They are the supervisors and are fucking up by showing their men what not to do. :mad:

15. [quote name='"420 strongbad"']i want to see some videos of the citizens beating the shit out of some cops haha[/quote]

Theres this soccer video of a fan runnin across the field and he gets tackled. Then for no reason, one of the cops just elbows him in the head. Lol crowd sees this they rush to the field and beat his ass. 200plus surround all the cops. God it was funny.