Occupy The White House

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mirvs, Sep 28, 2011.

1. #1 Mirvs, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    Yeah obviously I'm not advocating this in any way, just trying to provoke the thought with a catchy headline.

Anyone else take the time to compare/contrast the thought of what would happen if the same people 'occupying' wall street tried to occupy the white house lawn? How do you think they'd be treated and what kind of reaction would there be?

I think they'd turn tail and go running back to the 'evil fat cats' on wall street. If they weren't put in jail/stomped/gassed/detained/maimed/added to a criminal database or otherwise big brotherized, I mean.

2. #2 mrgoodsmoke, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    I doubt that would go well. It'd be like "red team go! red team go!" and then protest over.

What if you were protesting and a secret service guy came up and just whispered to you, "get out of here or we'll put you in a secret prison"? Would you stick around or go?

3. I run back to easier targets like Wall Street.

At least they're too greedy to spend their money building secret prisons. ;)

4. [quote name='"Mirvs"']Yeah obviously I'm not advocating this in anway, just trying to provoke the thought with a catchy headline.

Anyone else take the time to compare/contrast the thought of what would happen if the same people 'occupying' wall street tried to occupy the white house lawn? How do you think they'd be treated and what kind of reaction would there be?

I think they'd turn tail and go running back to the 'evil fat cats' on wall street. If they weren't put in jail/stomped/gassed/detained/maimed/added to a criminal database or otherwise big brotherized, I mean.[/quote]

They could be jailed easily because although it is owned by the government it is still a private residence and would be trespassing it could also be seen as a threat to national security.

5. On the white house lawn they...wouldn't even get that far. LOL There's armed guards out there always watching plus god knows what else. It's simply illegal to go there. You can be right outside the white house lawn on the sidewalk and street. It may get media attention but nothing will happen. They'll just call us spoiled brats and tell us to vote next election or something...

6. Haha. Protester goes missing after being taken into custody at protest might grab some headlines..

7. If you stay on the white house lawn, you are going to get your ass shot. they have like 4 snipers on its roof all the time.

8. Back my Mom's cousin was married to the Ambassador to Cuba you could just walk in and talk to the President. Just waltz right on in. The story I remember was an elderly Black woman who felt the kitchen had not paid her properly for her eggs went round to the front door and gave Cleveland hell about it. And he went and got her egg money straightened out.

If everyone in DC who is denied the right to vote showed up for a chat...:)

District of Columbia voting rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. i don't think they give permits for that.

you can only protest in certain "free speech zones" in washington DC

so yeah your first amendment rights are fully in tact in those specific areas.. anywhere else you need to stfu.

10. Maybe some, but if the mainstream media starts calling those reports false, then what happens?

11. It is weird how evil often gets a pass when the government does it.

12. I remember back in '08, a bunch of protest groups kept filing for permission to demonstrate in front of the White House.

They kept sending dozens of requests every month, and they got a response a year later issuing them a permit to protest in a 0.10 square mile area in an abandoned parking lot about 11 blocks from the White House.

so yeah...can't be done haha

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmo4ygPTjc]Bonus March on Washington, DC: 1932 - YouTube[/ame]

14. Ah the bonus march.

I wrote a 15 pager on that one when I was a freshman in college. I mean how stupid do you have to be to unleash Patton, McArthur AND Eisenhower against your own citizens.

If you follow it a little further on a group of fascists actually tried to make an example of the marchers and tried to prop Smedley Butler up to lead a coup. Here is his testimony to congress:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1cq6KrkHHA&feature=related]Smedley Butler's Testimoney At The McCormick-Dickstein Hearing And Media Blackout - YouTube[/ame]

If you're not familiar with Maj Gen Butler he is the only person/thing that made me proud to be a part of the marine corps. He was one of the last hard mfer's.

He wrote an essay: War is a Racket

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM2dWdqzJzg]War is a Racket Smedley Butler - YouTube[/ame]

15. Thats because the gov only does evil for good reasons :cool::rolleyes:

16. I'm about to occupy the bathroom.

17. Team is in place...

[​IMG]

18. I think the fact that you had to say your not advocating this at all is the answer. To even suggest such a thing could get you on a terrorist watch list. Antiwar is a perfect example, according to the Gov. they are terrorist website.
    Anyways back to your scenario, they would be called domestic terrorists and demonized by the media. They would be lucky to escape with their lives.

19. I've been to D.C. btw fascinating and terrifying at the same time. It was cool to visit the historical places but its a little police state and the cops are SO RUDE there.

20. Apparently you can have as many people as you want right outside the white house if you're celebrating an enemy death

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5lf2lOk2pY]Video: Osama bin Laden is dead! White House Celebration May 1-2nd - YouTube[/ame]

If only we could get that kind of turn out with protesters