Obsidn's LED closet blueberry

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by obsidn, May 10, 2011.

1. Day 23
    I was out of the house over the weekend and came back to find ridiculus growth on both plants. This is gonna be some good blueberry. Im putting in the second light today since they both have good size now.
    I guess no more individual piccys since they are so close now.

Attached Files:

2. #22 obsidn, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    DAY 27

Feeding (600 ppms today) and picture days are becoming a small holiday for me :)
    The plants are taking alot more water now, when I changed resevoirs the old 3 gallons was depleted alot, Im starting to put four gallons in it now.

I think I'll trim a little today.

*edit btw, i was looking at the first post i made, it says 130w per light, its actually 120w

Attached Files:

3. *sigh* Im a sucker for punishment. I'm gettting more of that crap showing up. I'm now pretty sure its because I over watered them too much and suffocated the roots. I had set the feeding schedule to 3 times a day again (instead of two) because the decay stopped. That was 4 days ago. And now its showing up again. So I put it back to two and put some h2o2 in there. *sigh* I've learned my lesson. I wont ever do it again GC, Im sorry :(

4. Ok GC, so, um, you can laugh at me when you read this next part and I wont take offence, cause I think I'm an idiot already and couldnt possibly feel more stupid.

It was nut burn. I was burning my plants. Thats what the decay was. I asked some fellow herbologists around me (irl) and they all laughingly told me I should :facepalm myself. So I did. :)

But I'm really posting this to ask whether or not you'd like me to upload some pics tomorrow or if ya'll are fine with just waiting till I feed em on Saturday. So just post a yay or nay, and possibly a 'u dumbass, how could you burn you plants' and I'll count the yay's and nay's, to see what I'll do. In the case of no yay's, I will be lazy and wait till saturday. :wave:

5. #25 CuZ, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
    Yay, its good to see all parts of the grow

6. Yay, don't be too hard on yourself about the nute burn. Most of us do it, there's a definite learning curve to this, most of which you can only learn by experience :) nice grow so far man :)

7. No slaps or finger pointing, we have all panic'd at one point or the other.
    And as for pics, its your journal write it and post pics for you, not us. If you want to post pics, then do it till your happy. :smoke:

p.s. I like pics too.:cool:

8. Day 31

^^ Yeah Im never a big fan of reading a grow journal that has all text.
    (didnt think id see a nay)

The plants are recovering. But like a night with too much to drink, the morning after they dont look so good. So please excuse the messy hair :laughing: I crack myself up.

I think I'll start flowering near the end of June.

Some of these pics are gonna need explaining:
    Pic1- a leave I took off since it got burned pretty bad.
    Pic2- a leave I left on that also got burned.
    The rest- self explainatory

Attached Files:

9. Looking good, you did burn the hell outta them but it is very fixable, they should pull thru just fine.:smoke:

10. Day 34
    yeah socal, the leaves that got burned arent recovering (they aint dieing either), but there was enough good growth to carry on. I dont know if I want to leave the burned ones on there, I'll definetly take them off when I start to flower though.

Lefty is now 14 inches, and righty is 11 inches. I've adjusted the lights to try to get righty to stretch some and lefty to bush out. Plenty of new growth. :)
    Prolly gonna start to flower on day 45.

Attached Files:

11. Due to some stuff happening here. And my own impatience. Im starting to flower right now. The plants are in their 48 hr dark period right now. tommorow morning they'll get turned on.

12. Day 1 (Flowering) :hello: Day 38 (Overall)

Switched to 12/12 today. Trimmed the plants. Took all the burned leaves off and cut the first node above the ground. All of the burned leaves were fan leaves so at least it wasnt any bud sites.

Im giving them fresh nutes (still vegging nutes though) even though I just fed them on saturday. Then I'll slowly ease them into flowering nutes in the coming weeks.

Took the pics a couple minutes before the lights came on.
    Pic 1 and 2 are before the trimming.
    Pic 3,4,5 are after trimming.

Attached Files:

13. Day 6 of flowering

Hi GC,
    For the inquiring mind, I was at the Trek Across Maine for the weekend. It was a fun 3 days of thousands of bicyclists. All pedaling their hearts out in the battle against cancer.

I had set my grow system so that the plants should survive for 5 days without me watching them. They did pretty well all things considered. I see some nute burn on some leaves but I think that was just from the old batch and I just didnt see it (cause its so tiny).
    The plants grew right up to the lights while I was gone. Thank god they're LEDs, otherwise they would've fried.
    Lefty did burn one leave, but that was on the branch that was literally touching the light.
    Lefty is now 25 inches and Righty is 19 inches

So all is well.
    Last pic shows the burnt leave.

Attached Files:

14. damn look at that stretch.

5 days and they grew ALOT.

cant wait to see them a couple weeks in.

15. yeah Im really looking foward to seeing the trichs come in

16. So I was just checking my plants. I took a look at my roots and saw a few of the longer ones were long enough to dangle in the water resevoir. Im concerned that this might cause the plants to get too much water and contribute to nute burn.

Do you guys think I should cut the roots? What are your thoughts?

Attached Files:

17. I would think the longer roots should be left alone. As the root mass grows, so shall the plant... Why trim it back?

If nute burn is the issue, maybe cut back the nutes in the resevoir by a small margin.

18. Lookin good dude. Something about seeing a big root ball that just blows my mind. I guess its since I grow in a soil mix and cant see all that shit going on.

Im excited for you (and me). We are getting into the fun time when we get to actually watch bud grow! How damn awesome is that?!

19. hey beeze, nice to see you stop by. im a couple weeks behind your grow, I hope yours goes well.
    MickeyMeese. I figured cuttin it was a last resort. I managed to find a taller water resevoir that still fits in my closet. Its already to go now, but I have to get more tubing since the pots are also going to be father away from each other now.

So ya'll will see the results in a couple days when I show the next batch of pics.

20. Day 12 of Flowering

This is the unveiling of the new water resevoir. It was a clear tote, So I had to tape it up so the light wouldnt start an algae bloom. What a waste of good gorilla tape.

Also, Im now a week into using gh's bloom, and I started to put in their bloom booster (forgot what its called). Im using about 400 ppm per gallon. With 5 gallons total. and 2ml of hydrogen peroxide per gallon (I started that when I was having nute burn problems).
    For those of you who have been reading since the beginning, I know I said I would only use the basic: micro, grow, and bloom. So, my bad. I just really want the best buds I can make.

All the bud shots are of the largest nugget on lefty.

Attached Files: